Administrator
Reaction score
Has to be said now.

[video=youtube;lHa4hUTWydw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHa4hUTWydw[/video]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't mind bbgun

He'd shit on his own grand mother for wishing him a happy birthday. He's forgotten what it's like to enjoy when things are going good

Every time I hear that clip it brings me back to my favorite time as a Cowboy fan!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is very rare that I look forward to a Cowboys bye week. This year is one of those rare times. Gonna enjoy the week off.

Actually, looking at our schedule we have 2 bye weeks out of the next three. We got the Browns after Philly. They are as bad as any team I've seen in a long time. I doubt they even have enough talent to be a trap game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell, we already have more wins than we did ALL LAST SEASON and it's only week 6!

And we did it without Romo! That was impossible last season. That is reason enough to celebrate right there

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The way this team is playing the play calling is easy for the coaching staff. This is where Garrett thrives as a head coach, when he doesnt have to make any difference. We lucked into Dak and thats exactly what we needed. Love this OL and running game. Our running game is so good we overcome our head coach and still win!!!!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So who thought they'd be 5 and 1 at the bye, and the only thing to complain about is that Jerry is still breathing?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
5 and 1..Jerry and Jason are non-issues. Hell,even the defense has stepped up.

It doesn't get much better than that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So who thought they'd be 5 and 1 at the bye, and the only thing to complain about is that Jerry is still breathing?

I didn't. After the NYG game I thought 1 or 2 wins was about the best we were going to be able to hope for. Never saw 5-1 coming.

I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road between now and seasons end, but its sure nice to see quality play again and be excited about the future. Hopefully Jones doesn't ruin it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
c347ad6e17609b3a411e80da354e9925.jpg

By the sounds of things we might have to write Tapper off for good. I don't claim to know much about his condition but by the sounds of things it seems like it is a continuous situation that will cause fractures throughout his career

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's too bad. Seemed to have some high quality athletic ability. Hopefully he recovers for next yr.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
and the last 3 (or is it 2) without Dez!

Its amazing they haven't skipped a beat on O

Because the offensive scheme wasn't worth a shit with Romo in it. Basically the O before this year was Romo picking chicken shit off the menu.

Now they actually have to come up with an innovative game plan each week.

Hopefully when Dez comes back Linehan will be moving him all over the field and running those slants that he's best suited for.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because the O wasn't worth a shit with Romo in it. Basically the O before this year was Romo making chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Now they actually have to come up with an innovative game plan each week.

Yeah I'm not buying any of that. Romo for the most part has had pretty strong talent around him since the day he went into the starting lineup. Witten was all world then. He had TO and Terry Glenn. Then he had Crayton who was a solid player. Had MBIII and Felix Jones. The OL in 06/07/08 and 09 was pretty good. Then he had Dez and Murray and the rebuilt OL starting in 2013.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not buying any of that. Romo for the most part has had pretty strong talent around him since the day he went into the starting lineup. Witten was all world then. He had TO and Terry Glenn. Then he had Crayton who was a solid player. Had MBIII and Felix Jones. The OL in 06/07/08 and 09 was pretty good. Then he had Dez and Murray and the rebuilt OL starting in 2013.

I meant the scheme. Edited it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
so what are y'all saying (Bob & dbair)? Romo is at fault or scheme or coaching?

I've always wondered if Romo gets much coaching and has been allowed to do his own thing to his and the teams detriment, meaning it might have been good if someone were around to reign him in at various points throughout a game

Top Bottom