Reaction score
By Clarence E. Hill Jr.
chill@star-telegram.com

FRISCO — Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith has yet to practice since missing Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears with back spasms.

Smith said the situation has improved since last Friday when the issue arose, forcing him to miss the game.

But he is still unsure if he will be ready to play Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers. For now, Smith is following the treatment plan prescribed by the team doctors.

“We’ll see,” Smith said. “It’s spasms, just trying to get them to calm down.”

If Smith can’t play, Chaz Green will start at left tackle for the second consecutive week.

Cornerback Orlando Scandrick said he practiced full on Thursday for the first time since the Oct. 2 game against the Washington Redskins. He missed last week’s game against the Bears with tightness in both hamstring. He remains questionable for Sunday’ game against the San Francisco 49ers as the Cowboys might opt to give him another week to completely heal up.

After facing the Niners this week, the Cowboys return home to play Cincinnati on Oct. 9.

Rookie Anthony Brown would replace Scandrick in the nickel defense if he is unable to play with Morris Claiborne starting on the outside in the regular defense.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Rapaport just reported that Dez is not expected to play.

These kind of things only point to one thing, we need a freaking shake down in the organization, from top to bottom.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hollys showboating at the end cost me around 400 I think. IIRC I had that much on the game, with Dallas -3.

Asshole.

Sorry noob here, does that mean Dallas wins by 3 points or loses by 3 points? I don't gamble :)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is this the official pick em thread for the game? If so I don't see anyone's pick

Reaction score
Sorry noob here, does that mean Dallas wins by 3 points or loses by 3 points? I don't gamble :)

Dallas -3 means if you bet that, Dallas has to win by more than 3 for you to win the bet. After that they kicked the field goal, so it was a push, meaning no one won the bet and we just got our money back. Whereas had Holley ran hard into the end zone I would've won the wager.

Don't get into gambling. It's a fools trap. Trust me... I've lost tens of thousands gambling. I don't bet anymore.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Don't get into gambling. It's a fools trap. Trust me... I've lost tens of thousands gambling. I don't bet anymore.

Man imagine the things you could have done with that. Vacations, new cars, home renovations... we all sink our money somewhere though

Reaction score
Dez Bryant travels with Cowboys to San Francisco

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant traveled with the team to the West Coast for their Sunday road game against the San Francisco 49ers according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

We're not sure what to make of this development after Bryant basically ruled himself out for Week 4 on Friday. Apparently the Cowboys want to keep 49ers head coach Chip Kelly guessing until gametime Sunday afternoon but it would be a massive shock to see Bryant suit up this week. He has been diagnosed with a hairline fracture in his knee and it is hard to believe the team would risk further damage to arguably their best player before that knee heals.

------------

Guarantee we brought him just so we could babysit him. No way he plays.

Reaction score
@rapsheet
Nothing has changed for #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant. He’ll warmup, but not expected to play. CB Orlando Scandrick (hamstrings) not expected to go

Reaction score
I'd say Garrett ought to thank the schedule gods that we're not playing the Packers this week. Because after the Dez controversy this week, I really think not only would we lose to a talented team, but we'd get beat pretty bad. Humiliated.

I don't think Garrett has this team anymore.

Reaction score
Falcons Panthers should be interesting. Almost a must win game for Carolina. It'd be hard to come back from 1-3.

Reaction score
@rapsheet
Nothing has changed for #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant. He’ll warmup, but not expected to play. CB Orlando Scandrick (hamstrings) not expected to go

Top Bottom