bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1474338609-NS_18COWSWASHINGTON28_53040351.JPG

Question: So ... How's Zeke's Rookie of the Year stock doing?

Rick Gosselin: Not as well as Dak Prescott's. Interestingly, the better Prescott plays the more opportunities Elliott will have to succeed. The defensive goal thus far has been to stop the running game and make a rookie quarterback beat you with his arm. If Prescott continues to feed Bryant, defenses will have to back a safety out of the box and show more respect for the passing game. That will benefit Elliott.

Question: Are you seeing a difference in blocking from the Cowboys' O-line when Zeke carries the ball vs. when Alfred Morris carries it?

Rick Gosselin: Morris shows more patience. He'll wait on a hole to open instead of trying to barge a hole that's not there. That's a matter of experience, which Elliott doesn't have. I thought Ezekiel showed more patience last Sunday than he did in the opener and was rewarded with some really nice gains. I'm not worried about Elliott. He's been an elite back at every level of football he's played. He'll be an elite level here. In the meantime, Morris gives the Cowboys a dependable change of pace back.

Question: Based off of what you've seen so far, how will Darren McFadden fit into the Cowboys' running back rotation when he is healthy? Or is it time to trade him?

Rick Gosselin: I don't see him fitting. The Cowboys clearly want Elliott on the field and for good reason. He was a Top 5 pick and has an explosive upside. The Cowboys are working Morris into the gameplan a series each half. I don't expect the Cowboys to reduce Elliott's workload any further, and I don't see the Cowboys suiting up both Morris and McFadden on game day. If you suit three running backs, one of them is going to have to cover kicks on special teams and I don't see either McFadden or Morris in that capacity.

Question: Was Sunday really more about the Cowboys' defense coming up big, or Kirk Cousins coming up short?

Rick Gosselin: The Cowboys made the one play they needed to make to win the game. That was the Church interception. Now if that was Tom Brady or Drew Brees, my guess is the Patriots or Saints would have eventually put the ball in the end zone for a touchdown. But it was Kirk Cousins, whose decision-making has come into question in both of Washington's games this season. But it doesn't matter who the quarterback is -- the fact of the matter is the Cowboys defense made the one play it needed to make to win the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gosselin said:
The Cowboys made the one play they needed to make to win the game. That was the Church interception.
They didn't "make a play." One member of our Legion of Boobs secondary happened to be there for Cousins to throw to, and miracle of miracles, caught the damn ball. It was just blind, stupid LUCK. It wasn't any kind of "made" play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stuffing the Skin RB on 3rd and short and Durant getting that 4th and short pass deflection were pretty huge plays.

Top Bottom