bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1473984005-602422322_52901754.JPG

Question: In your opinion is Dez Bryant a top 5 receiver in the NFL?

Cowlishaw: I would say no, not at this time. He has been there before, and he can become that again. But let's just look at the recent history. He did not come up big in the playoffs two years ago. Yes, the catch would have changed everything but it wasn't a catch. He has caught passes for 409 yards and three touchdowns since the start of last season. That's not much. Injuries played a big part in that, but are we going to say, "Hey when he's not hurt, Sammy Watkins is a top five receiver." Because towards the end of last year, you could certainly make that case. But, for sure, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Julius Jones are in a class of their own. Then there's big group that Bryant is a part of trying to establish that they are right there with them. So he can get back there, but isn't there right now.

Question: If you're Rod Marinelli, are you putting a ton of DBs on the field since Washington isn't the best running team?

Cowlishaw: They weren't really good on the ground last year or last week and I don't know if they are throwing Chris Thompson or Matt Jones at you, but neither is scary. So, yes, I am much more concerned about safety help on the tight end Reed and to keep Jackson from getting deep.

Question: Smart or not smart to play Tyron Smith when he's not at 100 percent healthy? Neck injuries seem like something your franchise LT should avoid if possible....

Cowlishaw: It's a risk. They know what the drop off is from Tyron Smith to Chaz Green, and it's considerable. I don't think players need to be 100 percent but they have to be close enough to feel as they they're about as effective as they can be.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love watching Dez play but I still say he is easily one of the most over rated players to ever wear the star. Disapears way too often for his pay grade and status, and yes I know he has Pop Warner coaches. A lot of it is on him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love Dez but its been a while since he's made an incredible play or took over a game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez does disappear way too often. It shouldn't happen at all! But it does more often than not

And I believe Amari Cooper is going or keep getting better. By the end of this season he will be talked about as a top five WR if not a top 3

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When I mildly suggested two years ago that we should NOT sign Dez to a long term deal without letting him test the market first, this place went crazy with hate posting. I'd said that if some other team was dumb enough to sign him for ridiculous money, we could respond by drafting a big wideout who has speed. Place went even more wild on that. Then when I said after we signed Dez he would just disappear into a morass of injuries, dropped passes and MIAs in games, the joint completely blew at the seams.

What's he done since he was signed to the big money deal, and we got married to him long term?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When I mildly suggested two years ago that we should NOT sign Dez to a long term deal without letting him test the market first, this place went crazy with hate posting. I'd said that if some other team was dumb enough to sign him for ridiculous money, we could respond by drafting a big wideout who has speed. Place went even more wild on that. Then when I said after we signed Dez he would just disappear into a morass of injuries, dropped passes and MIAs in games, the joint completely blew at the seams.

What's he done since he was signed to the big money deal, and we got married to him long term?

Not me, I was seriously questioning the value in signing him to a long term deal and wanted them to stay firm on the franchise tag for one year and then see how things looked in the next season but of course they couldn't do that because Dez was a petulant child they felt they had to please and couldn't live without.

I also wanted them to consider what they could get in a trade but then we'd have to trust the three stooges to make good use of the draft capital., so no guarantee that would work out well.

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I also wanted them to consider what they could get in a trade but then we'd have to trust the three stooges to make good use of the draft capital., so mp guarantee that would work out well.

We could trade Dez, Romo, and Sean Lee for draft choices and end up with a one legged punter and 6 guys who couldn't get their names right on the Wonderlic test.

Reaction score
All I know is Dez better step the fuck up or I am going to toss him in the "got paid, no fucks to give" category.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dez has elite size and strength but that's about all. He's not particularly fast, or a particularly good route runner. And his catching is far too inconsistent as we saw again last Sunday.

It also infuriates me when he has to disappear to the locker room to have an IV line put in because he's got himself worked up into a frenzy and got dehydrated. That's happened 2 or 3 times now. The guy must sweat like a racehorse.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't let Norman talk him into Hissy fit like he did last season. Once Dez gets his panties in a bunch he's no good to anyone

If I see him stop in the middle of the play just to keep jawing with Norman like he did last year I'm going to jump in my truck, drive to the stadium and smack Normans dick out his mouth with a baseball bat

Reaction score
After Brown, ODB and Jones, then who, if not Dez? AJ Green... then I'd put Dez in there. There are some young guys coming up like Cooper, Hopkins, and Evans, but I wouldn't put them in the Top 5 yet.

This is all about what have you done for me lately. If he had caught that TD last week, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Reaction score

Really, you got shit when you suggested that guys like Hakeem Nicks were better than Dez.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't let Norman talk him into Hissy fit like he did last season. Once Dez gets his panties in a bunch he's no good to anyone

If I see him stop in the middle of the play just to keep jawing with Norman like he did last year I'm going to jump in my truck, drive to the stadium and smack Normans dick out his mouth with a baseball bat

Honestly there should be absolutely zero reason for Norman to be on Dez at all. Norman only plays one side of the field. That's why he's catching so much heat for what happened against Pittsburgh. They realized that Norman was only playing one side so they put Antonio Brown everywhere else except on Norman. Imagine that, their coaches saw a way to create a mismatch and the exploited it. I wonder what that's like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom