Reaction score
From Todd Archers latest article:
As losses pile up, Jason Garrett's message to Cowboys: Get back to work - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

Jason Witten said:
"There's a lot of confidence in this locker room," tight end Jason Witten said. "It's early in the season. We definitely can get better. We'll learn from it. It doesn't minimize the loss. It hurts. It's tough. There's a lot of great football in here. Refer back to 2014, lost to San Francisco at home and really just stayed together, felt like there were some areas there where we really we showed we could play some good football. That's what this team is going to do."

JFC is it me or does this fucking team refer to the 2014 season way more than it should?

Like.... we have a moderate level of success finally one season two years ago in the shit show Garrett era, and this fucking team can't let it go.

The bar has been lowered so much in the Jerry era that instead of reminiscing on SB seasons, we endlessly harp on the one year we won a playoff game.

I really can't wait until Garrett, Romo, and Witten are gone. I'm ready to forget that underachieving era.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's not you. It's sickening. We barely beat a lousy Lions team at home with the benefit of a critical call that went in our favor and they act like it was the 92-93 seasons.

It would be like, I dunno, the Yankees bragging about one wild card series win or the Lakers crowing about beating a seven seed in the opening round and then losing. It's crazy.

What sucks is, I think Witten in particular at one time had higher standards than this. But it's like the three 8-8 seasons and all the excuses made for those failure years poisoned him and now he's clinging to any tiny success just like Jerry, Steve and Garrett.

Reaction score
Bravo good sir! I have ranted at friends and family about this same bullshit. 2014 was not a successful year at all. Yeah, yeah, you went 12-4, and that is fucking great! But there was no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Instead, the Cowboys barely got past a far inferior Lions team, and then failed in Green Bay. Did not even make it to the NFC title game to get that monkey off their backs.

Participation trophy mind set is still the order of the day, and this constant referral back to 2014 as some sort of Golden Age is proof of that. It's a fucking disgrace at the NFL level.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's not you. It's sickening. We barely beat a lousy Lions team at home with the benefit of a critical call that went in our favor and they act like it was the 92-93 seasons.
That call had nothing to do with us beating the lions. There were still like 17 minutes left in the game. They just couldn't get it done. They also had a chance to drive and score, but Lawrence sacked Stafford.

Now, there were other games we should have lost. Houston and St. Louis for sure. We only blew one team out; the Colts.

And that's what's wrong with our retarded coach and front office. "Oh, the pats are good? We need to start drafting more tight ends. Oh,, we won 12 games two years ago? We need to do everything exactly the same." .....even though not having a pass rush is the real reason we didn't best GB, yet here we are, with an even worse pass rush.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We'll learn from it. It doesn't minimize the loss.

It literally does minimize the loss though and I think that's the problem. The injury excuses, the we'll get 'em next time mentality is why this team loses so much. They don't think it's a problem to lose so they keep on losing, looking for some excuse or catchy phrase that makes it okay.

I'm not saying they should be poor sports and break things every time they lose, but I need guys who hate losing and are willing to do something about it. The financial success has made Jerry okay with losing. Gelded Garrett is okay with it either because he's a moron or happy with a paycheck and a job he doesn't deserve. Witten and Romo have bought into the mentality as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now, there were other games we should have lost. Houston and St. Louis for sure. We only blew one team out; the Colts.

This isn't entirely fair though. The 2014 team was pretty good. We won 8 games by double digits. After that Thanksgiving loss to Philthy we scored at least 38 pts in the rest of the games (41, 38, 42 & 44) and pretty much dominated every one of those games.

Wasn't a championship team or remotely close to the 90's Cowboys teams, but it was a good team that exceeded expectations and came close to making the NFC Championship game. I'd be pretty happy if we duplicated that this year, but it certainly appears that wont be happening.

Reaction score
That call had nothing to do with us beating the lions. There were still like 17 minutes left in the game. They just couldn't get it done. They also had a chance to drive and score, but Lawrence sacked Stafford.

And that's what's wrong with our retarded coach and front office. "Oh, the pats are good? We need to start drafting more tight ends. Oh,, we won 12 games two years ago? We need to do everything exactly the same." .....even though not having a pass rush is the real reason we didn't best GB, yet here we are, with an even worse pass rush.

Yup no pass rush on a gimpy QB. But everything is fine here, folks. Mission accomplished.

CaK5hquW0AAGgzY.jpg

Reaction score
We'll be lucky if the Cowboys have another season as good as 2014 within the next 4 years.

Here's hoping this team kicks ass in the 2020's.

Reaction score
From Todd Archers latest article:
As losses pile up, Jason Garrett's message to Cowboys: Get back to work - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

JFC is it me or does this fucking team refer to the 2014 season way more than it should?

Like.... we have a moderate level of success finally one season two years ago in the shit show Garrett era, and this fucking team can't let it go.

The bar has been lowered so much in the Jerry era that instead of reminiscing on SB seasons, we endlessly harp on the one year we won a playoff game.

I really can't wait until Garrett, Romo, and Witten are gone. I'm ready to forget that underachieving era.

It's even worse. Jason gets credited with "building an O-line" that he didn't do. He all but fired the coach who got that O-line trained in zone blocking (which is not the blocking scheme for Coryell offense). He didn't design the plays that resulted in a record setting running game. It was planned by Jerry that in order to preserve Romo, they were going to run the ball in 2014. This is a coach who will throw incompletions with a lead and minutes left in the clock rather than call running plays to run out the clock AND he calls it "being aggressive". Garrett had almost nothing to do with the wins and successes of 2014 - think about it run game was Callahan ans passing game was Romo as OC. The defensive turnovers? Not Garrett's either.

However, the mismanagement of the plays in the Green Bay playoff (almost 180 degree turn from the plays that the were successful in the regular season) was completely on Garrett. 4th down and desperate after leading in the second quarter smelled as rank as 2012.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll be lucky if the Cowboys have another season as good as 2014 within the next 4 years.

Here's hoping this team kicks ass in the 2020's.

Since Garrett has been here:

2007- good yr
2008- mediocre yr
2009- good yr
2010- disaster
2011-mediocre
2012-mediocre
2013-mediocre
2014- good yr
2015- disaster

So we're probably due for a few mediocre seasons before we get back to that good year again. 4 yrs seems about right for Coach Process

Top Bottom