Reaction score
By Clarence E. Hill Jr.
chill@star-telegram.com

What’s the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Well, consider the Dallas Cowboys whose 20-19 season opening loss to the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium looked a lot like last year.

The Cowboys went 4-12 in 2015 largely because they couldn’t win without injured quarterback Tony Romo.

He missed 12 games and the team went 1-11 without him.

They were unable to finish games last year, losing seven games that after being with seven points or less in the fourth quarter

The Cowboys had hoped things would be different in 2016 with rookie quarterback sensation Dak Prescott starting the first six games for an injured Romo instead of the motley crew of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassell and Kelen Moore of a year ago.

Prescott completed 25 of 45 passes for 227 yards but didn’t throw a touchdown pass and was unable to get the Cowboys in the end zone with consistency.

But Jones was mostly disappointed with a Cowboys defense that gave up touchdown pass from Eli Manning to Victor Cruz early in the fourth quarter and then couldn’t get a stop late when they needed to get the ball back with enough time to attempt a final rally.

“They were pretty effective running the ball near the end, gashed us real good two or three times,” Jones said. “So yeah, that looked like last year. Play for the defense to stop them. Don’t stop them and get beat. But we’re in better shape to not play that way or have that happen to us because we’re better offensively.”

Jones looks at Sunday’s game as an aberration because the Cowboys are better offensively than they were a year ago, thanks to Prescott, an improved receiver corps and a better running game with rookie Ezekiel Elliott.

“Yeah, I really know we’re better than last year relative to our receiving group,” Jones said. “We’re better at running back. We’ve got more depth and I think we’re better at quarterback than when we didn’t have Romo last year. So it doesn’t remind me of last year as far as our ability to be a real good offensive team.”

“I was disappointed near the end that we didn’t get them out. That’s trite to say that. Really disappointing. We know we can’t play, we can’t play to that.”

Read more here: Cowboys finish like last year but Jerry Jones says they are better | The Star-Telegram

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only Jerry can try to throw the very defense he ignored in the off-season under the bus and expect to get away with it.

The sad things is that the dbairs and zoners of the world will let him get away with it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only Jerry can try to throw the very defense he ignored in the off-season under the bus and expect to get away with it.

The sad things is that the dbairs and zoners of the world will let him get away with it.

Eat a dick shithead.

Reaction score
What I saw was a team that won't win any games unless the opponent forces them to like the Redskins did last year. Unfortunately, there aren't many of those forced victories in any given season.

Trey_Figgs

Spectator
Reaction score
Crazy how everybody is ready to write them off. Game one idiots. Rookie QB and rookie RB and when the d comes back things will be different..... BELIEVE THAT HATERS

BLUE AND SILVER

Reaction score
Crazy how everybody is ready to write them off. Game one idiots. Rookie QB and rookie RB and when the d comes back things will be different..... BELIEVE THAT HATERS

BLUE AND SILVER

This same post gets posted every year at the zone. The only thing that changes are the time stamps, and the number of people who buy into it.

Reaction score

BLUE AND SILVER

Yeah people sure are quick to write us off. Makes no sense considering how good we were last year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

BLUE AND SILVER

Pom-pom's Matter.

Your support will make the difference. Keep believing brother.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Call it what you will. I'm a fan. Have been since day one and will be till my last breath.

Everyone here is too. The difference is that for most here, they don't have to pretend everything is alright when it clearly isn't.

No one posts and reads on a Cowboys message board as much as these guys do without being a fan.

Trey_Figgs

Spectator
Reaction score
Lol. Sorry I'm used to Cowboy Haters and it gets me fired up. There is of course things wrong but I truly believe we will win the East. Dak will settle down. Zek will fire up. And Dez will come around. Breath deep my friends we will not only be the Beasts of the East but a force to be reckoned with through out the NFL

?GO COWBOYS?

Reaction score
Fans expect their teams to win. To sit back and wait for a process while the team takes one embarrassing beating after another is really not being a fan as much as just being a victim waiting for the oppressor to gain a conscience and stop the humiliation. We see that the team could be winning easily right now but is not using what they have. Fans of the team not the process.

Top Bottom