bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys' record: 7-9
NFC champs: Packers (weak division = HFA)
AFC champs: Pats (sorry)
Super Bowl champs: Packers

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak shows flashes but ultimately struggles.
Romo comes back, shows his usual brilliance, gets hurt again.
Defense sucks out loud.

5-11

I got Packers over Steelers.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
people seem to be sleeping on the Panthers just because they lost the SB. either that or they think losing Norman is crippling. Seahawks are another team hard to predict.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dak does well and goes 3-2 through the first 5 games. Romo comes back for week 6 and then is done for the year by week 8. They lose both Romo games. Dak then leads them to a 5-3 record over the last 8 games.

So that puts us at 8-8.

Reaction score
Not difficult to imagine a rough Romo reentry. Just as the offense adjusts to Dak-friendly football, it is asked to shift into Romo-friendly mode. And then back again.

The team goes 9-7 and, with Romo on the bench, wins a playoff game. Romo retires.

Cardinals over Steelers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not difficult to imagine a rough Romo reentry. Just as the offense adjusts to Dak-friendly football, it is asked to shift into Romo-friendly mode. And then back again.

The team goes 9-7 and, with Romo on the bench, wins a playoff game. Romo retires.
I'm a little bit more optimistic. Dak will have success especially early as defenses struggle to scheme against him and find out he's not a one-trick pony. I am TRUSTING (I know, stupid to do so) that Dallas will concentrate on the RUN a lot more and also do more passing to the RB, and SHOULD have a very diverse "pick your poison" type offense. Dak can throw long and I expect to see more deep balls to Dez than we've become accustomed to.

The defense will suck on toast, but should be better than last year. (Would be really hard not to be.) I give 'em 10 wins and a playoff win, and really really hope your Romo retirement scenario is correct.

NFC champs: Seahags
AFC champs: Denver (That DEfense)
Super Bowl champs: Seahags

Reaction score
Cowboys: 7-9
NFC champ - cardinals
AFC champ - Raiders

Romo comes back and gets injured. Again.

Garrett keeps his job because Jerry is cozy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to expect from them. It could be a good season or a train wreck or virtually anything in between. Too many variables.

If Prescott plays more like he did in preseason than a typical rookie 4th rd pick QB would play, they could be pretty good. The rest of the offense is loaded. I am in the camp of hoping Prescott is good enough that they have to leave Romo on the bench when (or maybe even if) he is ever actually ready to play. The special teams should be pretty good.

On defense, I like the DT rotation and Byron Jones at FS, but the rest of it is question marks and a strategy of hope. Sean Lee is a great player when healthy, but he's already not healthy and that's after playing only a handful of preseason snaps. I have no faith in Brandon Carr and while I am encouraged by how Claiborne looks and played in preseason, I've learned not to trust him either. The DE situations looks pretty bleak for the first month of the season and could be a major headache all yr even after Lawrence comes back unless others step up.

I'm resolved to just sit and watch and hope for the best.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This team is never winning anything as long as Jerry is a football guy, make that breathing. Dak has his ups and downs, Romo gets inured again. Defense struggles. Elliott accounts for 1800 yards total offense, Sean Lee goes down again. Dez goes down again. Team wins 7 games tops. Carolina vs NE in the SB that should have been last year.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cowboys' record: 5-11
total lack of pass rush leads to too many points given up for offense to keep up...
NFC champs: Cardinals
AFC champs: Chiefs
Super Bowl champs: Kansas City Chiefs

Reaction score
Cowboys 2016 record: 6-10
NFC Champs - Seahawks
AFC Champs - Broncos
SB Champ - Seahawks

The takeaway from the season will be that the Cowboys probably would have been 9-7 or better if they had even a below average defense. The defense will be so bad it breaks records for fewest turnovers generated, fewest sacks, fewest pressures, opponent QB rating, 1st downs given up, 3rd downs given up, and of course they will not get any stops in the 2 minute warnings before half and at the end of the game. It will be the worst defense of the 16 game era.

Extra bonus: Carr will extend his pickless streak to a third full season yet start again in 2017. Mo will also go pickless again, and start in 2017.

Top Bottom