dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams mortgaged their future for Jared Goff and if they wanted to recoup some picks and save cap space, what would you offer them for Robert Quinn? Would you give a 1st and 2nd? Two 1sts?

Detroit would appear to me to be in full fledged rebuilding mode here soon. What would you offer for Ezekial Ansah? Same thing as Quinn?

Michael Bennett from Seattle has apparently asked for a trade several times this offseason because of his contract. Of course he is knuckleheads brother (Martellus) but he is a good player. What would you offer for him? One 1st?

Jedeveon Clowney from Texans? Hasn't lived up to draft status of #1 overall and had a major injury, but reportedly had a strong preseason and training camp. What's he potentially worth?

Not even sure if any of these guys might be available, but there might be others worth discussing.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think this team drafts between 8 and 15. I am more inclined to actually draft a DE or play making safety if possible. Besides why would a team even if rebuilding get rid of their best pass rusher? That is the hardest thing to get after QB.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No way I'm giving up the #1 draft pick for next year.

I would try to trade players like Leary and McFadden and maybe some late pick(s) but probably pass altogether. I just dont see anyone showing up this late in the process and making enough difference to justify the cost to the cap & draft

Reaction score
With a rookie QB starting and an idiot head coach, no way I'm trading away a virtually guaranteed top 10 pick. Let alone multiple picks.

We're not a pass rusher away from winning this year. We're a decent head coach and an experienced QB and pass rush away.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see a situation where the Rams would trade Quinn or one that the Lions would trade Ansah. Now that Clowney is showing flashes, the same goes for him.

Bennett would make sense if Romo was playing and we felt we are a legit contender. With Dak going half the season there is so much unknown that trading our 2017 #1 could be a franchise-destroying mistake. If Dak comes out the gate on fire, and we go 5-2 before the trade deadline, then this conversation changes.

I would have given up the 5th round pick ( I realize we don't have one from Cassel trade) to get Mingo.

My guess is we target a veteran QB and a no-name pass rusher that Will McClay thinks is amazing on cut down day.

My boy Matt Barkley looked decent yesterday. Cardinals aren't sure if they will keep 3 QB's this year.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
With a rookie QB starting and an idiot head coach, no way I'm trading away a virtually guaranteed top 10 pick. Let alone multiple picks.

We're not a pass rusher away from winning this year. We're a decent head coach and an experienced QB and pass rush away.

stop crushing David's dreams with devastating, inconvenient facts

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Rams mortgaged their future for Jared Goff and if they wanted to recoup some picks and save cap space, what would you offer them for Robert Quinn? Would you give a 1st and 2nd? Two 1sts?

Detroit would appear to me to be in full fledged rebuilding mode here soon. What would you offer for Ezekial Ansah? Same thing as Quinn?

Michael Bennett from Seattle has apparently asked for a trade several times this offseason because of his contract. Of course he is knuckleheads brother (Martellus) but he is a good player. What would you offer for him? One 1st?

Jedeveon Clowney from Texans? Hasn't lived up to draft status of #1 overall and had a major injury, but reportedly had a strong preseason and training camp. What's he potentially worth?

Not even sure if any of these guys might be available, but there might be others worth discussing.

Where do you get that?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A couple people here apparently don't understand what "hypothetical" means

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think this team drafts between 8 and 15. I am more inclined to actually draft a DE or play making safety if possible. Besides why would a team even if rebuilding get rid of their best pass rusher? That is the hardest thing to get after QB.

Don't rule out LB with that 1st round pick. Other than Lee they are all average to below average LB's. No guarantee that Jaylon Smith ever plays ball again (nerve still isn't firing). But even if Smith does return to his former glory they are going to need LB's. Obviously an edge rusher is the #1 priority but if the best player on the board is a LB they need to take him.

Top Bottom