Oldfestus408

Spectator
Reaction score
On Mike and Mike the other day the question was:

If you could buy your favorite NFL team, what would be the first thing you would do?

I would buy the Cowboys and FIRE the GM immediately.
Then I would rehire him and fire his butt 20 seconds later just because I could (and would want too)!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It wouldn't be enough to just be able to fire Jerry and the staff. I want blood.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The fist thing I'd do is fire everyone and re-hire Jimmy Johnson. Pay him whatever the fuck he wanted (up to an including a stake in the team to keep him involved until he dies) to come back in and get this team back to prominence. Make him GM and give him absolute control of player acquisition. Then I'd sit back and enjoy a couple super bowl wins.

Edit: wait a sec, wouldn't that just make me another Jerry Jones?

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What's wrong with the unis?

I'm going to assume you're 35 or younger and can't remember what the unis used to look like in their heyday. The Cowboys have six colors on their home uniforms: navy blue on the helmet, royal blue on the jersey and pants, metallic blue/silver helmet shells, silver-green pants. The pants are by far the worst offenders. The color green belongs in Green Bay, not Dallas.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On Mike and Mike the other day the question was:

If you could buy your favorite NFL team, what would be the first thing you would do?

I would buy the Cowboys and FIRE the GM immediately.
Then I would rehire him and fire his butt 20 seconds later just because I could (and would want too)!

This would make me as happy as three super bowl wins, especially if each time you did it, you had a huge press conference and yelled at jeri saying:

"You're fired mother fucker!"

Then you bring him back to another huge press conference and say:

"I was too hard on you, I've got a special job for you, come on back"

Jeri says "uh, well, uh, thank ya sir"

You: "yeah, jeri that's all well and good but why dont you run along now, I've got some things to discuss with the media"

***Jeri starts to leave the room***

You: "one more thing jeri!"

jeri: "uh, what's, uh, that, uh?"

You: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave because YOU'RE FIRED AGAIN MOTHER FUCKER!!"

**All in attendance erupt in a 24 hour standing ovation and drunken orgy***

Last edited:
Reaction score
The fist thing I'd do is fire everyone and re-hire Jimmy Johnson. Pay him whatever the fuck he wanted (up to an including a stake in the team to keep him involved until he dies) to come back in and get this team back to prominence. Make him GM and give him absolute control of player acquisition. Then I'd sit back and enjoy a couple super bowl wins.

Edit: wait a sec, wouldn't that just make me another Jerry Jones?

Jimmy doesn't have the fire anymore. And he doesn't have his "tree" anymore. And he doesn't know the college players as well. And he doesn't have a Herschell Walker trade.

It wouldn't work.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you're 35 or younger and can't remember what the unis used to look like in their heyday. The Cowboys have six colors on their home uniforms: navy blue on the helmet, royal blue on the jersey and pants, metallic blue/silver helmet shells, silver-green pants. The pants are by far the worst offenders. The color green belongs in Green Bay, not Dallas.

Not even close

I wish I was under 35 again

The only problem I have is with the silvery blue-ish whateverthefuck color they are calling the pants

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jimmy doesn't have the fire anymore. And he doesn't have his "tree" anymore. And he doesn't know the college players as well. And he doesn't have a Herschell Walker trade.

It wouldn't work.

I'd still take what Jimmy has forgot about football over what Jason thinks he knows about football every day of the week

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Not even close

I wish I was under 35 again

The only problem I have is with the silvery blue-ish whateverthefuck color they are calling the pants

seafoam green. it needs to go bye bye.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's what they call it? Or that's what the fans that hate it call it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow

It really stands out side by side

I kinda chalked it up to a weird color variation because of the tv on my end. Then I guess I just got used to it and accepted it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seeing Landry getting ready to walk the team out makes me miss the good ole days

Top Bottom