MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just read a blurb that the Cowboys and Texans might be in talks to trade for Clowney. Anyone else hear this? According to what I read it would be for Leary, Church, OR Wilcox (not AND, but OR). I don't see any way they would want Church or Wilcox but if they did I would drive them to Houston myself.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus said he asked about it and was told there was nothing to it

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Clowney for Wilcox? :rofl

If Houston is willing to do that deal, you can bet your ass the Cowboys would be getting the short end of the stick (in case its not obvious, meaning there is something seriously jacked up about Clowney they know that the Cowboys dont)

reminds me of the Amarillo Slim quote on making bets with strangers:

Son, when a man bets you that the jack of spades will rise out of the dwck and squirt water in your ear, son don't take that bet, for as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll end up with a wet ear.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What's his value? He skipped a year in college, then hasn't done much in the pros.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's his value? He skipped a year in college, then hasn't done much in the pros.

strange isn't it? He was so hyped coming out and as far as I can tell, he hasn't done squat. He's been injured quite a bit hasn't he?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
strange isn't it? He was so hyped coming out and as far as I can tell, he hasn't done squat. He's been injured quite a bit hasn't he?

Yea he's been injured a lot. He also is not a great fit for the 3/4. He's more of a 4/3 DE.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Its the perfect Jerry move. Get an oft injured player who hasnt lived up to expectations. Jerry's boys can fix him and hit a homerun making it a steal of a deal. When in reality the guy would probably finish his career in Dallas playing about 4 games this year, and being released.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd take him.

The question would be how much do we give up...

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
He absolutely dominated last preseason game and has been electric this season so far

I doubt they want to trade him now

Reaction score
Yeah Houston Is very excited about clowny putting it together this year. No way anything is true regarding this.

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
Its the perfect Jerry move. Get an oft injured player who hasnt lived up to expectations. Jerry's boys can fix him and hit a homerun making it a steal of a deal. When in reality the guy would probably finish his career in Dallas playing about 4 games this year, and being released.

Colombo is the only injured cast off we have gotten that was worth it.

Top Bottom