C

Cr122

Archer: Cowboys need to focus on offensive line in first 2 rounds of 2011 draft
Posted at 11:02 PM on Mon., Oct. 11, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW sports Bio | E-mail | News tips
Dallas Morning News Cowboys writer Todd Archer chatted with fans about a number of Cowboys-related topics Monday afternoon. Here are some highlights:

On whether the Cowboys are ready to draft multiple offensive linemen after this season:

Why stop at three? They need to invest in the line in the first and second rounds. Lately most of their picks have come in the fourth round on down (except Robert Brewster). You can steal a player here or there doing in that way but that's not the best way to operate.

On Leonard Davis' struggles on the offensive line vs. Tennessee:

Davis has struggled with quicker linemen the last year-plus. He does not move as well as he did a couple of years ago. Is he too big? Maybe. I thought Holland stabilized the line when he came in. Garrett was non-committal when I asked him what they would do at that spot. Hudson Houck told Gerry Fraley that Davis would stick as the starter. I wouldn't rule Holland out of the equation but I think they go back to Davis vs. Minnesota.

On the status of Dez Bryant's ankle:

There was nothing to report on it after the game. Haven't heard yet if there was a problem this morning with it.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, first we need to learn how to draft offensive lineman. How many busts have we had in rounds 2 and 3? That's why our line sucks now. We can't draft lineman and are forced to sign people and trade draft picks for them. Whoever scouts lineman needs to be fired.

C

Cr122

Well, first we need to learn how to draft offensive lineman. How many busts have we had in rounds 2 and 3? That's why our line sucks now. We can't draft lineman and are forced to sign people and trade draft picks for them. Whoever scouts lineman needs to be fired.

There has to be a lot of changes starting with the scouting department and up.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Amen. But we also need to get rid of Houck. He's old and is just around collecting a paycheck.

Top Bottom