Reaction score
These orders are to sell the idea to the masses that the 2016 Cowboys can win the Super Bowl with a shitty defense.

First, it was thelandryhat.com, and its ridiculous Defense Doesn't win Championships (in a different universe from this one) article. Dallas Cowboys: Why defense doesn't win championships

Then, it was Gosselin following up with a similar diarrhetorical (sorry for coining a new term) nonsense.

And now we have http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...a-chance-cowboys-may-overcome-defensive-woes/ again echoing the same idiocy.

We know that the mainstream press gets marching orders that all of them follow. Just got to youtube to view montages of the MSM all repeating the same talking points across all the supposed independent media companies for various news making occurrences. We also know from GamerGate and the synchronized "Gamers are Dead" articles that flooded the internet the moment their scam reporting, bias, and "fuck for 5 star ratings reviews" scam was exposed.

The Cowboys media is no different. Jerry has obviously sent out the talking points memo to the local media. If they want to keep covering the team with access then they have to help Jerry sell his lemon to the next rube.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know the Dallas media like most but Norm Hitzgus and Dale Hansen are typically pretty critical of the team.

There was also a Dallas media guy who held Jerrys feet to the fire about being gm of the team after a loss to Atlanta a few years ago where Jerry got noticeably irratated on camera. Archer maybe.

Do those guys have media access?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the smart fans and media have reached have reached the point where they realize Jerry and the Cowboys are "the emperor with no clothes". I myself am at the point where all I expect is to be entertained, after having become numb to underachieving and mediocrity.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gosselin is the only one of those who is "media", right? And he's been plenty critical of Jerry in the past.

Isn't "Cowboys Wire" fan garbage like the Landry Hat is?* That's not media.

*Edit, yes it is. Here's the bio for one of the authors:

Khari Murphy Stories
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life, in fact I was almost named Dallas Haley by my mother, who knocked over a fern during the Aikman-Harper slant against the 49ers. Dallas for the Cowboys and Haley for her favorite Cowboy, Charles Haley. I spend my time doing college work and writing Cowboys content, only one of which, is fun. Take a guess.

Anyway, your point is made with guys like Todd Archer and Jon Machota and Brandon George. Those guys sound about like Mickey Spagnola anymore. Archer used to be good, but I think he's enamored with Garrett.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Khari Murphy Stories
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life, in fact I was almost named Dallas Haley by my mother, who knocked over a fern during the Aikman-Harper slant against the 49ers.

What is it with overly excited Cowboys fans knocking over ferns?

Top Bottom