Reaction score
Birddog26‏ @Birddog26
I think Jalen Smith may end up playing this year. See how it works out but leaning towards him playing

---

That guy is a scout for our team or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Twitter is the dumbest thing ever invented with all the stupid shit people put out there.

Reaction score
Maybe but there seems to be a lot of hype coming from within the organization that he'll play this year.

I still think reserving a roster spot for him all year and mentioning playoffs as the reasoning behind that decision is a testament to how idiotic our franchise management is.

Reaction score
Maybe but there seems to be a lot of hype coming from within the organization that he'll play this year.

I still think reserving a roster spot for him all year and mentioning playoffs as the reasoning behind that decision is a testament to how idiotic our franchise management is.

Rub some sugar on that diabetes foot of his every night and he'll have feeling in his toes by the third preseason game.

Reaction score
I don't trust anything from that birddog26 guy. Pure organizational shill.

I've never really kept track like I used to with Broaddus. But yeah I guess you really can't trust anyone who actually works for the team. They'll only spill the company line.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I think playing Jaylen this year would be a HUGE mistake. This team showed last year that they're willing to sacrifice a players health just so they don't look bad. I think if they do play Jaylen this year there's a very good chance he injured himself again and never plays in the NFL again.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I think playing Jaylen this year would be a HUGE mistake. This team showed last year that they're willing to sacrifice a players health just so they don't look bad. I think if they do play Jaylen this year there's a very good chance he injured himself again and never plays in the NFL again.

If the doctors clear him and we have a shot at the playoffs then he needs to get his ass on the field. Not that we should expect a lot from him as a rookie but his speed and playmaking ability could make a huge difference in sub packages during the final run.

Not playing him after being cleared in fear of him getting injured again is a pussy move. If he's cleared he should play. I understand there needs to be some caution here but we can't live in fear just because of what happened to Romo.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Factoids
Third-year junior. After being smothered by Ohio State LT Taylor Decker in the Fiesta Bowl, he suffered nerve damage in addition to two torn knee ligaments. Finished with 284 tackles (23 ½ for loss), 4 ½ sacks and 6 big plays. Wonderlic of 18.
Random Scout #1 Random Scout #2 Random Scout #3
"He was far and away the best," said one scout. "He wasn't just the best by default. He was the best in an excellent group of guys. It's just a risk-reward thing now."

"He's what people are looking for," another scout said. "He's just great in space. But that injury isn't good. You don't have control of your foot. It just drops."

"Not the brightest cookie in the room," a third scout said. "Probably have to line him up. I don't know if he's a natural player but once he sees it he can find it and go get it. Now he's got the knee and he's not a very bright kid. I wouldn't touch a kid like that. I have no idea where he goes. He's off my board. He's a run and hit 'will' linebacker."

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you should tweet that

If he does I'll retweet it.

I don't have Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, or whatever else is out there. I don't need to tell folks how I feel or what my mood is (well, except you guys of course). I just got a "smart" phone and other than using it for directions, it's still a just a phone to me.

When I retire, I'm buying land and will hunker down, completely off the grid. I don't want to see a mailman, milk man, census taker, etc. I'll go to the local library a hundred miles away to log on just to talk to you guys........Now that I think of it, you guys might be my only "friends".......

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
When I retire, I'm buying land and will hunker down, completely off the grid. I don't want to see a mailman, milk man, census taker, etc. I'll go to the local library a hundred miles away to log on just to talk to you guys........Now that I think of it, you guys might be my only "friends".......

Good luck.I'm amazed by technology some days.But I really think the internet has allowed assholes we wouldn't give the time of day to walk among us spouting bullshit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"Not the brightest cookie in the room," a third scout said. "Probably have to line him up. I don't know if he's a natural player but once he sees it he can find it and go get it. Now he's got the knee and he's not a very bright kid. I wouldn't touch a kid like that. I have no idea where he goes.
Dallas, of course. We like dumb players.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dallas, of course. We like dumb players.

just to be on the record I am a ND fan of 40+ years. But I call total and complete BS on that garbage.
1)Notre Dame especially in the last 10 years cuts no slack as regards academics; so this idea he is dumb is total BS.
You do a search and you will find no one of any cred saying that. I frequent the ND boards quite often and never heard this.
2) If there was anything to this it would have been highlighted big time in all the talk about him; so far this is the first.
3) just because he is SUPPOSEDLY a NFL scout does not mean he is any good.

Reaction score
I don't have Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, or whatever else is out there. I don't need to tell folks how I feel or what my mood is (well, except you guys of course). I just got a "smart" phone and other than using it for directions, it's still a just a phone to me.

Remember that time that cell phone salesman tried to show you texting features and you grabbed him by the collar and told him you don't text?

Way you were raised.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I now live in a canyon that is about as off the grid as you can get and I love it. Miles and miles from even a small town.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
1)Notre Dame especially in the last 10 years cuts no slack as regards academics; so this idea he is dumb is total BS.
So, we equate graduation from college with intelligence now?

Smith's 18 score on his Wonderlic is better than Claiborne's 4, I'll give him that.

Top Bottom