Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
c8ac076d74b1c32d963d53211349c01c.jpg

So as it turns out Jerry actually made the right decision with EZE.

that sucks for Ramsey
But all I can say is better them than us! Both of the Jags first rounders injured in preseason two years in a row! I just hope and pray we make it thru preseason with out major injuries to anyone important

I'm fine if T Willy or someone like that goes down. Just not the triplets!

Reaction score
Geeze, that really sucks for Ramsey. The Jaguars too.

So apparently the injury happened during a Jaguars' practice.

It may be worth mentioning that just because Ramsey got injured in Jacksonville doesn't mean that he'd have been injured in Dallas ... especially if it was just a freak injury.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is true

But with our recent (last year) injury history it's a pretty good chance it would have happened here too

Look at every player that came up lame last year.

Romo, Dez, Scandrick, Butler, Gregory and so on and so on. Then look at the injuries the prior year

We have a habit of players coming up lame one way or another

But man that's gotta suck for the Jags. It's some first round bad juju curse type shit right there! Two consecutive high first round studs going down in preseason two years in a row. You just can't make that shit up.

That's almost as bad as loosing your star QB and star WR at the same time

Reaction score
Nope.

If your Aunt who got hit by lightening today in Wichita Falls had instead been in Miami, there isn't "a pretty good chance" that she'd have been hit by lightening in Miami.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they had drafted Ramsey and he got hurt in Dallas. 1st and 2nd round picks out for significant time with knee injuries.

Sucks for the Jags. I'm still really interested in seeing how that team plays this year. They're still my early favorites to win the AFC South.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, they don't practice hard under Garrett so unless it was a fluke jumping jack injury, he would have been fine here.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Had no idea he had microfracture surgery in high school. Now I'm doubly glad we passed on him.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Had no idea he had microfracture surgery in high school. Now I'm doubly glad we passed on him.

Studies have shown that microfracture techniques do not fill in the chondral defect fully, forming fibrocartilage rather than hyaline cartilage. Fibrocartilage is not as mechanically sound as hyaline cartilage; it is much denser and unable to withstand the demands of everyday activities as well as the original cartilage and is thus at higher risk of breaking down.[16] The blood clot is very delicate after surgery and needs to be protected. In terms of time, the clot takes about 8 weeks to 15 weeks convert to fibrous tissue and is usually fibrocartilage by about four months post surgery, holding implications for the rehabilitation

this is from wikipedia

seems to me that someone in high school needing this procedure should be a honking red flag

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All this coming from fans of a team who drafted Jaylon Smith at 34.

Top Bottom