Reaction score
The regular season is still months away. OTAs haven't even started yet. It is too early for predictions. ... but that's the purpose of this thread ... premature predictions.

Today, my gut level feeling is 10-6.

Yours?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are completely dependent on an upright Romo.

If Romo is healthy all season, 11-5 with a quick exit in the playoffs.
If Romo is healthy half the season, 6-10 and unfortunately enough of an excuse to keep Garrett.
If Romo plays 4 games or less, 3-13 and Garrett is gone. Jerry knows his time (on Earth) is limited.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We are completely dependent on an upright Romo.

If Romo is healthy all season, 11-5 with a quick exit in the playoffs.
If Romo is healthy half the season, 6-10 and unfortunately enough of an excuse to keep Garrett.
If Romo plays 4 games or less, 3-13 and Garrett is gone. Jerry knows his time (on Earth) is limited.
I seem to remember Jerruh making some comment like, "why couldn't we coach them up" last year. But at the same time, the injuries were the excuse and pretty much still are.

No Romo means Ginger gets another Mulligan?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess its just the eternal homer hope I have, but I think we might be in for a good season. Elliott is going to be a huge difference maker.

The first 4 games where we may not have Lawrence and Gregory will be tough, but they are winnable games. If we could go 2-2 at worst, and then big "if" Romo and Dez can be healthy and productive I think we could win 8 or 9 of last 12 and make a run in the postseason.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I seem to remember Jerruh making some comment like, "why couldn't we coach them up" last year. But at the same time, the injuries were the excuse and pretty much still are.

No Romo means Ginger gets another Mulligan?

I don't think Jerry's ego will allow for two 4-12 (or worst) seasons to go by without making a move.

Also, the "why couldn't we coach them up" comment is Jerry trying to pretend that the roster is talented enough to win without a few injured players. The problem IMO for these last few years was that our back end of the roster is amongst the worst in the league. The fall off from starter to backup is significant and our bottom 20 of the 53 are not NFL caliber. Good teams with competent GM's can survive a few significant injuries. This team can not.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think Jerry's ego will allow for two 4-12 (or worst) seasons to go by without making a move.
Will his ego allow him to admit he's been wrong about Ginger all these years?
Also, the "why couldn't we coach them up" comment is Jerry trying to pretend that the roster is talented enough to win without a few injured players.
Agreed, but this is also what keeps Ginger around.
The problem IMO for these last few years was that our back end of the roster is amongst the worst in the league. The fall off from starter to backup is significant and our bottom 20 of the 53 are not NFL caliber. Good teams with competent GM's can survive a few significant injuries. This team can not.
Yep.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess its just the eternal homer hope I have, but I think we might be in for a good season.

63594749.jpg

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
6-10

Get ready.

That's worse possible scenario for me. We suck but not enough to draft an impact player. We'd be in the 10-15 range and then desperate Jerry might pull off another Claiborne trade.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This team is actually fairly solid now. Now rush from the DE will be critical; no doubt of that. But I think the middle of the line for the first time in a long time will be solid. The Strength of our D is the LB corp. We will have Scandrick back and Jones so we have two solid starters. Carr and Claiborne I think could be about as good; the other safety position will be our D weakness. But I think a ranking of about 12 could be had by our D this year. Just slightly better than average.

Our Offense has no really weak position. the only possible weakness realistically is RT- I think Free is on his last legs literally and figuratively. I hope Green actually is what they hope he is and he stays healthy

Romo has had almost a whole year of only a few hits overall. I think that could be the key; he will be fully healed and rested.

As goes Romo so goes the team; even his haters now have to admit that. I think he will have a great year and play in 15 games (after winning the division we will rest him the last game)

Last year the NFE was a steaming pile of horseshit. And that is being generous. The team that won it stank only slightly less.

Therefore frankly I don't think we should have a hard time winning the division barring of course serious injuries

The Skins are smoke and mirrors a lot more then people think; Cousins will not be anywhere near as good this year. They will be a .500 team at best. The Birds are rebuilding and just do not have the talent and a rookie QB. The Giants spent a lot of money and will find out what every other team has found out about spending so much on FA talent (the Broncoes were the exception that proved the rule) and Eli is due for another 20+ INT season.

Dallas 12-4
Skins 8-8
Giants 7-9
Birds 6-10

Top Bottom