Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That would really suck to have to face him twice a year every year

Report: Redskins extend offer to Josh Norman
Jamie Oakes - 82 minutes ago 1
Newsletter

According to a report, the Washington Redskins are moving forward with former Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Redskins have put an offer on the table for Norman.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins and 49ers are the front-runners to land Norman.

Norman was franchise tagged by the Panthers but that tag was rescinded on Wednesday.

"After a number of conversations with Josh's agent we realized that a long-term deal was not attainable," Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman said in a statement. "We have decided to rescind the franchise tag freeing Josh to immediately become a UFA. We thank Josh for all his contributions and truly wish him well."

Norman, 28, was reportedly seeking a deal worth $16 million per year.

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
28 yr old CB has had one really good yr.

I hope they break the bank to get him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That would really suck to have to face him twice a year every year.

Wouldn't be a problem at all, were it not for Garrett's offense.

Interesting though... they are willing to break the bank for a CB that as dbair ut it, had one good year.... but they do not want to pay their QB, whom they drafted and also had one good year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Redskins extend offer to Josh Norman

I for one do not want Dez facing him twice a year. He got in Dez's head and turned him into a pissed off child! Norman held him to 26 yards and zero TouchDowns!

I'm not looking forward to watching Dez have a hissy fit twice a year and get embarrassed again

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just read that the Skins still have $36.8 mil in cap space so they can afford him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I for one do not want Dez facing him twice a year. He got in Dez's head and turned him into a pissed off child! Norman held him to 26 yards and zero TouchDowns!

I'm not looking forward to watching Dez have a hissy fit twice a year and get embarrassed again

Will Dez be playing with one foot again this time too?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Redskins extend offer to Josh Norman

Will Dez be playing with one foot again this time too?

You seriously think his broken foot is what turned Dez into a mental midget and allowed Norman to get in his head? Dez let Normans shit talking get to him and throw him off his game.

Granted Norman must be one beast of a shit talker seeing what he did to Dez as well as OBJr. He had OBJr throwing punches and attempting to spear him. Which by the way should have netted him a multi game suspension. But I digress

Norman talked shit well enough to make Dez stop his route and keep talking shit as the play was still in progress effectively allowing himself to be taken out of the play. If I remember right it turned out to be a pick six

Again, Dez's foot had nothing to do with it

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You seriously think his broken foot is what turned Dez into a mental midget and allowed Norman to get in his head? Dez let Normans shit talking get to him and throw him off his game.

Granted Norman must be one beast of a shit talker seeing what he did to Dez as well as OBJr. He had OBJr throwing punches and attempting to spear him. Which by the way should have netted him a multi game suspension. But I digress

Norman talked shit well enough to make Dez stop his route and keep talking shit as the play was still in progress effectively allowing himself to be taken out of the play. If I remember right it turned out to be a pick six

Again, Dez's foot had nothing to do with it

He lost his cool, no question about it.

He also was playing far less than 100% (as he had been all yr) and I'm sure not being able to play to his standards contributed to it.

Before last yr Norman was pretty much a JAG or maybe slightly better than a JAG. I'm not really worried about him if the Redskins sign him to a massive payday. He's also 28 already.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The proof is in the puddin

He shut down the top receivers all last season

I'm not inclined to chalk it up to "luck" or one good season

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez is great so I'm sure he can beat any corner, but come on -- Norman was amazing last year. He played as well as Revis did in his prime. No way do we want to be facing him for the next few years.

And I should know. I had a pick six in a flag football game once.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah its never happened that a guy busts out in their contract yr, then falls back down to earth after said contract yr when he gets paid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carolina people now saying door isn't shut for Norman to return.

Translation: We rescinded the tag so you could find your true market value. Then we'll ante up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah its never happened that a guy busts out in their contract yr, then falls back down to earth after said contract yr when he gets paid.

You mean exactly like Dez did in his contract year right?

Yes you are correct! It happens

Again, the proof is in the puddin (Dez)

Reaction score
I just read that the Skins still have $36.8 mil in cap space so they can afford him

Not according to the Washington Post:

The Washington Post reports the Redskins have made an offer to free agent CB Josh Norman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Norman is fielding five-year deals worth between $14-$15 million annually. With an estimated $11.6 million in cap space, the Redskins would have to get slightly creative with the structure of the deal or do some mild cap gymnastics to fit that size contract under the salary limit, but the cap is not a real concern. The 49ers are thought to be the other team seriously involved in negotiations, but CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Washington's offer is "very strong." It is possible Norman is signed during his visit with the Redskins on Friday.
Source: The Washington Post
Apr 21 - 8:12 PM

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

He won't have the same pass rush in front of him. Carolina knows that and that's why they weren't willing to pay him what he wants, because he's not worth it. That's why it would have been a HUGE mistake for the Cowboys to restructure everyone's contract that they can to sign him. Build the DL and LB positions and the corners will be much better and get more picks. Harassing the QB and forcing him into mistakes is the key.

Top Bottom