dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IIRC our people really liked him in 2014 and the Pats took him at the end of the first round.

Read a couple of blurbs analyzing his pass rush ability, pretty impressive ratings.

Has been hurt for two yrs I think but when on field, apparently was pretty good for them.

Still very odd they'd cut him just two yrs into his deal.

Reaction score
A tale of two cities. One that is perennial playoffs and Super Bowls cuts players who can't make it happen. Then there's the other team who signs Jeff Heath to a four year deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A tale of two cities. One that is perennial playoffs and Super Bowls cuts players who can't make it happen. Then there's the other team who signs Jeff Heath to a four year deal.

Belichick was probably this <> close to signing Jeff Heath to a mega deal. We caught wind of it and got him locked up just in time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Albert Breer
✔ ‎‎@AlbertBreer

Was told ex-Patriots DL Dominique Easley is healthy. New England cut him with guaranteed money left, effectively paying him to go away.

Tom E. Curran
✔ ‎‎@tomecurran

Regarding Easley, there is no one incident that led to release. Call it philosophical differences on following injury programs, etc

Nathan Jahnke ‎‎@PFF_NateJahnke

Dominique Easley had a pressure 1 in every 6 pass rushes last year; best for DTs. Aaron Donald 1 in 6.3, Geno Atkins 1 in 6.7.

Rich Hill ‎‎@PP_Rich_Hill

Before his injury, Dominique Easley trailed only J.J. Watt in pass rush productivity per @PFF. The cut reeks. Best NFL Pass Rushers | 2015 | Pro Football Focus

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
the pats are pretty pragmatic. IF his knee was truly going to be OK they would not care if he used voodoo or a witch doctor. Cutting him like this means they believe he is done.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)
4/13/16, 3:14 PM
Dominique Easley facing lawsuit in Palm Beach County from Wiley Brown alleging that Easley's dog bit him, caused injuries, seeking damages

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To me, this kinda confirms something is definitely up here, wonder if we are going to hear about an Easley suspension sometime in next few days or weeks.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 36s 37 seconds ago

Surprising news: No one claimed former #Patriots first-rounder DL Dominique Easley, source said. He's a free agent

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Pats also released DT Chris Jones. He missed all of last year, but between 2013 and 2014 collected 9 sacks; 6 and 3, respectively.

I don't know if any of you remember him as the undersized DT out of Bowling Green.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Read somewhere??? that he is a huge locker room cancer. If we sign him, then we should sign Greg Hardy too.

Personally I'd like to sign Cortez Allen

Top Bottom