dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad we got him wrapped up long term, I don't know how we could have possibly replaced such immense talent otherwise.

Todd Archer ‎‎@toddarcher

The Cowboys have signed safety Jeff Heath, a restricted free agent, to a four-year deal, according to his agent... ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Those 2 interceptions and 9 special teams tackles are irreplaceable guys.

You just don't find that kind of ability anywhere.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dude is bound for Canton for sure.

To clarify I mean Canton, TX not Ohio.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just excited about the extra draft flexibility we have now, knowing we have Heath locked up long term.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seems like they really do believe they have a near pat hand. They really do think this is a 12-4 team, without the injuries.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Ah, but he laid out that guy in the Seattle game and the punter in Philly.

Reaction score
Truly an odd signing.

I don't see the value in a player like Heath. He's just a try hard warm body. The kind of player you should be looking to replace every single off season. Not locking up long term.

Reaction score
Truly an odd signing.

I don't see the value in a player like Heath. He's just a try hard warm body. The kind of player you should be looking to replace every single off season. Not locking up long term.

It's the Matt Johnson paradigm. Ever since Jason was promoted to HC he prefers to keep familiar players over impact or competitive playmakers who are forced to play at a high level or be cut. Or in the case of Matt Johnson keep the player on the roster who had never made it through a single complete game in the NFL.

I wish the Jones would wake up. This is Stepford Stupid.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I really would like to gut with a dull spoon the next person who spouts Canton, HOF, Championship or SB.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Seems like they really do believe they have a near pat hand. They really do think this is a 12-4 team, without the injuries.

Well that's one of the problems and it has been for awhile. It is this weird complacency where they think they are better than they are and don't really even try to improve. Just maintain and try it again the next year.

Happened as far back as 2009 with the special teams draft.

And that crap spreads to the players too. They spend all offseason, every year, talking Super Bowl and they haven't even sniffed one in 20 years. Then the offseason comes, everyone is all perplexed why they didn't win the Super Bowl, they vow change......they do the same stuff they always did.

They'd rather be comfortable, happy and not walk on eggshells instead of making the changes it would take to win.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly, junk. Even I who has no faith in anyone involved in this organization can't believe how blatantly they've claimed that last year was a total fluke due to injury and 2014 is the "real" team here. Even if you believe that, you could make a few comments about how unacceptable 4-12 was, about how there are no excuses and how heads will roll if it happens again for the players if nothing else.

But no, Steve goes on the Ticket and defends the defense while saying the horrific offense was due to injury and we'll just hope Tony doesn't get hurt two years in a row. Unbelievable.

Reaction score
It's the Matt Johnson paradigm. Ever since Jason was promoted to HC he prefers to keep familiar players over impact or competitive playmakers who are forced to play at a high level or be cut. Or in the case of Matt Johnson keep the player on the roster who had never made it through a single complete game in the NFL.

I wish the Jones would wake up. This is Stepford Stupid.

I wonder if it's because Garrett was an undrafted try hard player with limited ability that he just likes to surround himself with the underdog types.

Reaction score

Certainly not in our starters like Mo and Carr who can only imagine what it must be like to pick off one pass in an entire season let alone two in one game!

If you were looking to sustain being a shitty team with no hope of a winning record what would you do differently than Jerry has done this off season?

Top Bottom