Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it looks like I am going to be lucky in that our first pre season game is against my hometown Rams at the L.A Coliseum so I will actually get to finally see my Cowboys in person for the first time. Too bad it will be for a meaningless pre season game with the starters only playing part of the first quarter. But it's better than nothing.

I can't wait until the Cowboys come to town for a regular season game and destroy the Rams! But that will have to wait for at least a season or two

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it looks like one way or another I will be seeing at least one if not two of the top QB's in this draft at that game

I have a feeling the Rams find a way to move up and take Goff, Wentz, or Lynch

Reaction score
One time when I was a real fan I spent like an hour on the phone with Directv customer service trying to get access to LA local channels so I could watch the Cowboys @ Raiders preseason game.

Now idgaf

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One time when I was a real fan I spent like an hour on the phone with Directv customer service trying to get access to LA local channels so I could watch the Cowboys @ Raiders preseason game.

Now idgaf

No worries True Fan, that game will be on ESPN!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well it looks like one way or another I will be seeing at least one if not two of the top QB's in this draft at that game

I have a feeling the Rams find a way to move up and take Goff, Wentz, or Lynch

I think if Goff is still there at 4 and if Jalen Ramsey is gone the Cowboys will make the trade with the Rams allowing the Rams to draft Goff. The Cowboys have a ton of holes and could use those two extra 2nd round picks.

Reaction score
I think if Goff is still there at 4 and if Jalen Ramsey is gone the Cowboys will make the trade with the Rams allowing the Rams to draft Goff. The Cowboys have a ton of holes and could use those two extra 2nd round picks.

This would be one fucking stupid move on the part of Dallas so naturally it is likely to happen. There will be no bigger hole to fill than when Romo's career is ended by the next big hit. I'd prefer to handle it like Green Bay did by having the next franchise QB already on the roster when the current franchise QB gets too old. But then again Green Bay has won Super Bowls recently and why the hell would we want to emulate that?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This would be one fucking stupid move on the part of Dallas so naturally it is likely to happen. There will be no bigger hole to fill than when Romo's career is ended by the next big hit. I'd prefer to handle it like Green Bay did by having the next franchise QB already on the roster when the current franchise QB gets too old. But then again Green Bay has won Super Bowls recently and why the hell would we want to emulate that?

Well at 15 they could draft Lynch who I know they are really high on. Then they'd have three 2nd round picks to draft a couple DL and a RB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well at 15 they could draft Lynch who I know they are really high on. Then they'd have three 2nd round picks to draft a couple DL and a RB.

Going to 15 leaves several other QB needs teams ahead of them firmly in play. Niners, Eagles, maybe even a team likes Bears or Saints, not to mention its likely they miss out on the highest ranked position guys too (Ramsey, Bosa, Elliott, Buckner, Jack)

If they move to 15 it better be for an avalanche of picks, because they are definitely passing up on a lot of good players and potentially all 3 of the highest rated QB's.

Reaction score
Going to 15 leaves several other QB needs teams ahead of them firmly in play. Niners, Eagles, maybe even a team likes Bears or Saints, not to mention its likely they miss out on the highest ranked position guys too (Ramsey, Bosa, Elliott, Buckner, Jack)

If they move to 15 it better be for an avalanche of picks, because they are definitely passing up on a lot of good players and potentially all 3 of the highest rated QB's.

Lynch looks kind of Ryan Leafy. I don't trust him. He looks a little too gangly and on the brink of awkward. Tall is good but towering can lead to mechanical problems. I thought the Combine was going to show us an efficient and strong Lynch but he looked more clumsy and labored than skilled. Maybe he has potential but Wentz and Goff are ready now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't mind if the kids not 100% ready right out of the starting blocks. I wouldn't expect him or any of the top 3 QBs to come in next season when Romo goes down and win games and succeed. I expect all of them to take time to learn the offense and adjust to the speed of the game.

His arm is impressive and with the right coaching he could be a star AND a franchise QB someday

I just doubt our ability to bring him or any QB along and give them what they need to excel in this league

In other words I have zero confidence that we are capable of developing any QB into a franchise QB

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Lynch looks kind of Ryan Leafy. I don't trust him. He looks a little too gangly and on the brink of awkward. Tall is good but towering can lead to mechanical problems. I thought the Combine was going to show us an efficient and strong Lynch but he looked more clumsy and labored than skilled. Maybe he has potential but Wentz and Goff are ready now.

Leaf only failed because of maturity issues. Had all the physical tools you could ask for.

I don't think a QB looking "Ryan Leafy" is a bad thing.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Leaf only failed because of maturity issues. Had all the physical tools you could ask for.

I don't think a QB looking "Ryan Leafy" is a bad thing.

MATURITY ISSUES?

good god have you bothered at all too look at his life?

he was a bonehead and had little self control and self discipline as has been shown over the years. Only the coming of Jumungous prevented Ryan Leaf from being called the greatest QB bust of all time.

And he busted because he was in the end completely unsuited to become a franchise QB. So YES calling someone Ryan Leafy is a HUGE INSULT.

Reaction score
Is Paxton known to be a knucklehead or immature? If so then comparing him to Ryan Leaf would be an insult, sure. Otherwise I don't see how that comparison would be insulting.

I mean, if you put Ryan Leafs physical skill set paired with someone like Kellen Moores brain, and you've got the greatest QB of all time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is Paxton known to be a knucklehead or immature? If so then comparing him to Ryan Leaf would be an insult, sure. Otherwise I don't see how that comparison would be insulting.

I mean, if you put Ryan Leafs physical skill set paired with someone like Kellen Moores brain, and you've got the greatest QB of all time.

I'll post Dane Brugler's detailed review of him later, but he had a lot of good things to say.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Brugler on Lynch:

picks up things quickly and has learned from everything he has experienced on the football field – coaches talk highly of his ability to learn quickly and apply it…confident, but not careless, especially on money downs…reserved, well-balanced personality and comfortable in his own skin – unassuming, trusts his faith and doesn’t put too much pressure on himself…unforced team-mentality and genuinely enjoys playing football, but loves the comradery with his teammates even more

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I admit I thought Leaf would be a good pro. He looked really good in college. But those huge character issues are the things we laymen usually don't know about because college programs are so good at keeping them hushed up.

And on that Brugler bit on Lynch -- is it me, or do the professional drafniks seem to be trending toward loving everyone, at least character wise? When do they ever say this guy is a jerk behind the scenes?

I mean, listening to the "experts" about this QB draft, you'd think there are at least three franchise QBs and maybe more. I seriously doubt it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I admit I thought Leaf would be a good pro. He looked really good in college. But those huge character issues are the things we laymen usually don't know about because college programs are so good at keeping them hushed up.

And on that Brugler bit on Lynch -- is it me, or do the professional drafniks seem to be trending toward loving everyone, at least character wise? When do they ever say this guy is a jerk behind the scenes?

I mean, listening to the "experts" about this QB draft, you'd think there are at least three franchise QBs and maybe more. I seriously doubt it.

Most "experts" immediately jumped on Cook about his character concerns. At least at the beginning of the draft process they did. They've all stopped just short of calling him the biggest douche of the QB class. If you look at what he accomplished in college, his numbers, and his measurables he should be considered a 1st round pick. Maybe even ahead of Lynch. There is a reason he's not though. It's because of everything that was said about him at the beginning of the evaluation process.

For what it's worth I think Wentz, Goff, and Lynch all could end up being franchise QB's. They all have the physical skills to be "the guy" and they all seem to have good character. For them it seems like it's all going to come down to being in the right situation.

If Cleveland drafts Wentz will they give him any time to develop before throwing him to the wolves? If they just throw him out there to learn on the fly I think he'll be out of the league within 5 years. However if they start McCown or whoever else they have for at least half the season and then bring in Wentz (when McCown is just sucking too much) I think he could have some real success. Same goes for Goff and Lynch.

Top Bottom