Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"We fear reprisals against your 'march against fear' therefore you have to cancel."

Is this from The Onion? Nooooo! It's legit! Belgium irony.

Belgium's 'March against Fear' cancelled due to security concerns - Washington Times

Organizers have cancelled a “March against Fear” set for Sunday afternoon in Brussels after Belgian authorities asked them to postpone the event due to security concerns.

The rally was organized to encourage solidarity in response to the deadly terrorist attacks in Brussels on Tuesday that killed 31 people and injured hundreds more.

Organizers had said the march would show that Brussels and the country at large refused to be intimidated by terrorism.

Citing security concerns and the ongoing investigation into the attacks at the Brussels airport and subway stations, Mayor Yvan Mayeur asked organizers to postpone the event for a later date.

“Let us allow the security services to do their work and that the march — which we, too, want to take part in — be delayed for several weeks,” the mayor said at a press briefing, according to AFP.
Mission accomplished.

The weapon the Left condones the use of is the "protest". Once they abandon that they might as well sign the surrender documents and get on with their learning Arabic and memorizing the words of the Prophet.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
The weapon the Left condones the use of is the "protest".

Such is the folly of even entertaining any of the ideas 'the left' has to offer.
Protests aren't weapons of war, they're declarations of disagreement between two parties with mutual interests. But then 'the right' can't be too easily distinguished from it's counter-part, when it fears the opinions of these sniveling cowards and with-holds the proper identification of who we're at war with and what needs to be done.

Think of what is to come from our 'front-runners':

Hilary?
Sanders?
Trump?
Cruz?

Do any of these names inspire confidence in handling this mess? We can only laugh.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Such is the folly of even entertaining any of the ideas 'the left' has to offer.
Protests aren't weapons of war, they're declarations of disagreement between two parties with mutual interests. But then 'the right' can't be too easily distinguished from it's counter-part, when it fears the opinions of these sniveling cowards and with-holds the proper identification of who we're at war with and what needs to be done.
I should have clarified better. I was referencing the Euro left, which is supposedly much more advanced than what we'd call the American left.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Think of what is to come from our 'front-runners':

Hilary?
Sanders?
Trump?
Cruz?

Do any of these names inspire confidence in handling this mess? We can only laugh.

Cruz and Trump repeatedly say they want to go kill all those people, which is the only way to deal with them.

The idiots on the left, not so much.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
The weapon the Left condones the use of is the "protest". .
Unless you happen to be "right wing hooligans" then the government bombs you with shock grenades and blasts you with water cannon, and arrests a bunch of you.

Brussels attacks: Far-right hooligans invade vigil with 'anti-Isil march' as police arrest suspect fixer who allegedly 'supplied bomber's fake ID' - latest - Telegraph
“We want answers from the government. There are too many fanatics in this country,” said one protester, who gave his name as Mario and said he was a “hooligan” from Ghent. “We don’t believe in candles and flowers.”

A less biased take from Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-blast-idUSKCN0WS0OA

Belgian police briefly used water cannon to control several hundred rowdy protesters in central Brussels on Sunday after they ignored an official call for marches to be postponed following Tuesday's bombings.

Amid fears of further attacks, officials wanted to give police the scope to focus on investigations which have widened to other countries, leading to the arrest of an Algerian in Italy and intelligence cooperation with Germany. Police carried out 13 new raids in Belgium itself.

Hundreds nevertheless gathered at the Bourse to express solidarity with the victims of the suicide bomb attacks at Brussels airport and on a rush-hour metro train. Thirty one people were killed, including three attackers, and hundreds more injured. Islamic State has claimed responsibility.

Most of the protests were peaceful but white-helmeted riot police used the water cannon against a group of protesters, many of whom local media described as right-wing nationalists, who burst onto the square chanting and carrying banners denouncing Islamic State.

"It is highly inappropriate that protesters have disrupted the peaceful reflection at the Bourse (stock exchange). I strongly condemn these disturbances," Prime Minister Charles Michel said according to Belga news agency.

Brussels Mayor Yvan Mayeur said the group were "scoundrels".

In and around Brussels and Antwerp, police carried out 13 new raids in connection with the attacks, with nine people questioned and five later released, the prosecutor's office said.

With links to the Paris attacks in November becoming clearer, and amid criticism that Europe has not done enough to share intelligence about suspected Islamist militants, cooperation appeared to be deepening.

Belgian press agency Belga said on Sunday prosecutors had charged a man in connection with a raid in Paris on Thursday that authorities say foiled an apparent attack plot.

Imagery:

myimagehost

Actually looks much worse than the bombings did.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Most of the protests were peaceful but white-helmeted riot police used the water cannon against a group of protesters, many of whom local media described as right-wing nationalists, who burst onto the square chanting and carrying banners denouncing Islamic State.
They got all that for denouncing not all of Islam, but just ISIS? Who can argue with that?

And a larger question: When exactly did most of Europe give up (or take away) the right to free speech? I had no idea until recently that one could be jailed for speaking out against Syrian immigration under the guise of "hate speech." Many people consider these countries the most enlightened societies on Earth and they can't even speak their minds? That's scary.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When exactly did most of Europe give up (or take away) the right to free speech?
They never actually had any such. They don't have the 1st Amendment in Europe, therefore the government determines the "speech." One of the very reasons we fought 'em.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I should have clarified better. I was referencing the Euro left, which is supposedly much more advanced than what we'd call the American left.

It's a universal foolishness; the blind leading the blind. American Left - Euro-Left, very little difference. Europe is only advanced in its stage of decay. American liberals are happy to follow.

The only thing the U.S. has over the European shit-holes is it's size and the problem of containment for such a sizable cultural population. It can never be entirely subdued.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
It is Crusade time. Destroy these Muslims until they are not a problem for another 1000 years. For you atheists , they want you dead as well. It is time to end this crap. These damn liberals don't realize that they will be first in line for the beheading since they support gat marriage and other causes that goes against their beliefs . Kill them all, let God sort them out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
they support gat marriage
I tried to marry my gat and they wouldn't let me. I suspect it's because it was a foreign model. I might try it again with one of my domestic ones.

Reaction score
Cruz and Trump repeatedly say they want to go kill all those people, which is the only way to deal with them.
That's probably the worst thing you can do.

Actually, you can't kill them all. If you kill a huge number of them, peaceful ones just take their place. So even trying is probably the worst thing you can do. Cruz wants to carpet bomb them into oblivion and make the sand glow. Will just bring more and more attacks against us and the rest of the West.

Novel idea... How about we just stop being Team America World Police?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For you atheists , they want you dead as well. It is time to end this crap. These damn liberals don't realize that they will be first in line for the beheading since they support gat marriage and other causes that goes against their beliefs .
But actually, you make a valid point here - the more extreme sects of the Islam cult want to either convert or kill the more moderate ones as well, not just the hedonistic west. And all of Obama and the left's talk of different things such as Gitmo being "recruiting tools for terror" is just silly - our very permissive and open culture is the recruiting tool. Our freedom is the recruiting tool.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes, the "weeb dem awone" theory. That when carried to its most basic level will lead to us fighting them here instead of overseas eventually.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's probably the worst thing you can do.

Actually, you can't kill them all. If you kill a huge number of them, peaceful ones just take their place. So even trying is probably the worst thing you can do. Cruz wants to carpet bomb them into oblivion and make the sand glow. Will just bring more and more attacks against us and the rest of the West.

This is the problem with people on your side of the aisle with this issue Pep. This is what they want to believe, but its absolutely not true. They (radical Mooselums) couldn't care less.

They don't hate us because we come over there. They hate us because we exist and are not Muslim.

That's why all those that subscribe to that philosophy have to be eliminated. That's all they understand.

Reaction score
So exterminate all Muslims then? How Hitlerish of you.

How do you know if military disengagement will work or not, if it hasn't been tried? I'm not saying no one should do anything. I'm saying it should be the governments over there that act, with moral support from us.

We caused the problem of ISIS, and there's really no disputing that. We created a power vaccuum and armed them, and we act like they're surprised that they're taking control and wiping out dissenters.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We caused the problem of ISIS
There's a school of "thought" that we caused the entire Jihadist problem in 1946, when the UN created for the first time in history, the Israeli state. Never mind that the Arab Muslims for the most part backed and helped Germany, sharing its goal to eradicate all Jews, the UN stepped in after the war and said 'This is the Jewish State' and the US has backed that play ever since. Annnnnd.... the problems started.

How far do you take this "disengagement" deal? Stop backing Israel? If we just weeb dem awone, completely disengage and pull out all support for Israel too, what then - will the Jihadists suddenly love us? Or will they, after running out most Jews and slaughtering the rest, start coming after them in Europe and the main place they will flee to, the US?

There's no amount of appeasement which will bring about any decent solution, other than total capitulation.
Someone suggested that? I missed it if they did. I'm pretty sure everyone's talking about the extremist factions of Islam, not all Muslims. But if we disengage and wait long enough, the extremist factions will wipe out the more moderate ones and all you'll have is extremism in the ME.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Where did I say "all Muslims"????

I said the problem was radical Muslims, there's a difference.

How do you know if military disengagement will work or not, if it hasn't been tried? I'm not saying no one should do anything. I'm saying it should be the governments over there that act, with moral support from us.

That's pretty much what we've done under Obama's entire term, disengaged.

I would agree something more needs to be done to force the Mid Eastern governments to do more, but if they wont. Then we need to just handle it. Our people are dying all over the globe at the hands of these losers.

We caused the problem of ISIS, and there's really no disputing that. We created a power vaccuum and armed them, and we act like they're surprised that they're taking control and wiping out dissenters.

There was garbage there before ISIS. There's other garbage there besides ISIS now.

Reaction score
There's a school of "thought" that we caused the entire Jihadist problem in 1946, when the UN created for the first time in history, the Israeli state. Never mind that the Arab Muslims for the most part backed and helped Germany, sharing its goal to eradicate all Jews, the UN stepped in after the war and said 'This is the Jewish State' and the US has backed that play ever since. Annnnnd.... the problems started.
A Jewish/Israeli state existed at various times prior to 1946. Yes, Jihadists may have existed before we began sending military resources over there, but it wasn't coming down on Americans, and certainly not on our home soil until 2001.

If there was a true unified front against Muslim extremists, which was headed by peaceful Muslims, I would be all for supporting that type of effort. But I'm not for America being the tip of that spear. I think that has caused the terroristic acts against us specifically over the last 30 years or so.

How far do you take this "disengagement" deal? Stop backing Israel? If we just weeb dem awone, completely disengage and pull out all support for Israel too, what then - will the Jihadists suddenly love us? Or will they, after running out most Jews and slaughtering the rest, start coming after them in Europe and the main place they will flee to, the US?

There's no amount of appeasement which will bring about any decent solution, other than total capitulation.
I don't believe there's not a decent solution. I think we need to call on peaceful Muslim leadership to hold extremists accountable and to solve the problem. We can back them as needed. But we don't need to be the face of radical Muslim extermination. America is a fraction of the population of Muslims worldwide. They are 1.6 billion, and a small percentage of them are extremists.

Someone suggested that? I missed it if they did. I'm pretty sure everyone's talking about the extremist factions of Islam, not all Muslims. But if we disengage and wait long enough, the extremist factions will wipe out the more moderate ones and all you'll have is extremism in the ME.
The original quote was "those people." So it wasn't very specific.

Reaction score
Where did I say "all Muslims"????

I said the problem was radical Muslims, there's a difference.
You said "those people" originally.

OK, so do our carpet bombs have radical Muslim seeking technology? When we cause the collateral damage to the non-radicalized, we create new radicals. When America (perceived in the ME as a Christian nation) is the primary force against even the most radical of Muslims, it is spun to peaceful Muslims as a new Crusades, and they use our involvement to recruit new jihadists. What we have been doing for the past 30-40 years has only made terrorism more prevalent world-wide. That said, is there no question that what we're doing may not be the right thing?

It's like our country is being run by Jerry Jones, and anyone who thinks we may need to do something different is a hater on CowboysZone in need of a benching.

That's pretty much what we've done under Obama's entire term, disengaged.
I think he's scaled back, but we are still a huge military presence over there.

I would agree something more needs to be done to force the Mid Eastern governments to do more, but if they wont. Then we need to just handle it. Our people are dying all over the globe at the hands of these losers.
If the ME governments know we will be the boots on the ground, what's their incentive to do more? Perhaps if we weren't their security force, they would be forced to do something about it. And we've been trying to "handle it" militarily for the last 20 years. How long are you going to give it?

There was garbage there before ISIS. There's other garbage there besides ISIS now.
Like the Mujahideen? Who created that monster?

Top Bottom