Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There’s a company that’s building a sports podcast aggregation platform, they’ve got 21 college team apps so far and today they’re launching Cowboys Sports Radio app for iOS and Android - their first foray into pro sports.

Get the app for iOS: http://vspor.to/ioscowboy
Get the app for Android: http://vspor.to/androidcowboy

They’re trying to collect the best Cowboys names in one app. Jon Machota and Brandon George from Dallas Morning News, the crew from Blogging the Boys, KD Drummond from Cowboys Wire of USA Today Sports, and Mike Fisher from 105.3 The Fan all have a podcast with them. With more being added soon.

If you want to stay in touch, follow them on twitter: @RadioCowboy or facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cowboyssportsradio/

Feel free to reply here with your feedback or suggestions. The vSporto team has joined DCU and will be checking this thread to answer your questions and read your feedback.

I talked with one of the owners today, he's joined as keithjasper and he's got some good ideas about his DC podcast app. It's a new thing and we get to be the ground-floor guinea pigs. So please all you mobile guys, try the app out and comment here on what you think of it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm DLing it now. I'll check it out

How is it going to be different than the official DC app which already has the videos and podcasts

keithjasper

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey Scot, good question, this is different by pulling in the top personalities and journalists covering the DC in one simple audio app, not only the DC.com crew. And we'll be adding more. That's one of the reasons I reached out to Doomsday, I wanted to work with fans to hear back on personalities you enjoy and bring them on.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So far so good
I've listened to the first podcast and on to the second. But I don't see that the app marks the podcast as listened to once you finish it.

It would be nice to know which ones I've already listened to like other apps do. Either by marking it somehow or moving it out of the que

Otherwise it will be difficult to keep track of the ones you have already listened to

keithjasper

Spectator
Reaction score
So far so good
I've listened to the first podcast and on to the second. But I don't see that the app marks the podcast as listened to once you finish it.

It would be nice to know which ones I've already listened to like other apps do. Either by marking it somehow or moving it out of the que

Otherwise it will be difficult to keep track of the ones you have already listened to

Thanks for the feedback Scot. That's on our product roadmap, we've also heard from some other users today expressing the same thought. Keep the feedback coming. Are there some other people you'd like to see on it?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As for who I'd like to hear from all I really care about is that the information is accurate. Obviously the closer the report is to Valley Ranch the better. I have zero interest in hearing from some no name reporter who isn't even privy to what's really going on

keithjasper

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is helpful feedback and something we'll keep close in mind. We have zero interest in no name reporters as well. :)

Reaction score
For my money, no one's better at film breakdown and analysis than Sturm. He's with the Ticket, but he also does things for DMN, so he may be "gettable." I would listen to him talk about football over anyone else in the market.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do love hearing old Players talk Cowboys like Nate Newton and Leon Lett. Nate cracks me up on talkin cowboys. Having a former Cowboy talk about what is currently going on with the team and to tell old stories of what it was like when he played is always a plus for me

Top Bottom