Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only a Sophomore. Has come out for the draft very early and is at the combine.

NFL draft early entrant Peyton Barber says mother's homelessness spurred decision to go pro

Among the underclassmen to declare for this year's NFL draft, former Auburn running back Peyton Barber is one of the more unexpected entrants. His motivation to go pro was equally surprising.

Barber, who rushed for 1,017 yards and 13 touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore last season, told reporters Wednesday at the NFL scouting combine that his mother's homelessness spurred him to forgo his final two years of eligibility at Auburn to pursue an NFL paycheck.

"My mother is homeless right now," Barber said. "Right now, she's staying with her sister. It's her and her three kids staying in an apartment back home."

Barber, who was one of 24 running backs invited to Indianapolis for the combine, said his mother, Lori, has been only uplifting and supportive as he readies for a Friday workout he hopes will raise his draft outlook.

"She really just asks me if I'm OK and how I'm doing," he said. "She never pressured me to do anything. I just decided to do what's best for me and my family."

Barber is jockeying for draft position against better-known backs such as Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott, Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry of Alabama and Notre Dame's C.J. Prosise.
More reading and video at link.

Cousin of Marion Barber.

Reaction score
His cousin is Marion Barber, who at one time signed a 45mil deal here, and his mom is homeless?

Guess Marion hates his family.

Top Bottom