MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys Nation (@CowboysNation)
2/23/16, 3:36 PM
Recent history has taught me to worry more about Demarcus Lawrence's back than Stephen Jones says I should.

Stephen is saying he'll be ready for camp and "might" be able to participate in OTA's. We all know back problems can linger and once a player starts having back issues that's usually the beginning of the end for that player.

So I have a prediction... With Lawrence's back problems and Gregory's drug problems this team will be forced to draft a DE with the 4th pick. Then for the next decade this team will continue spinning their wheels at 8-8. They will have a slightly above average defense and will be running through retread QB's.

Reaction score
I'd guess the front office will sign a marginal free agent DE (or two) prior to the draft. That way the front office won't feel like it must draft a DE early in the draft.

... that's the way this front office usually tries to operate. Fill needs with marginal replacements and then roll the dice on perceived BPAs on draft day.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I was reading something this week where someone thought Buckner might be the top player in the draft

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was reading something this week where someone thought Buckner might be the top player in the draft

I know I've seen at least 1 mock that has him going #1.

Reaction score
I already think we're talking Bosa #4.

I guess I'm tuned out of the team because I didn't know Lawrence had a back injury.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I was having this feeling he was the one we'd take, but for some reason I got the idea he was more an all-around player than a pure passrusher. I guess because he's so big... he almost seems too big for Marinelli's style.

Top Bottom