Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With our worst season in 20 years and only winning 4 games, not to mention playing without our marquee players most of the season our stupid ass fans still packed the stadium and set an attendance record! Even beating out last years 12-4 season numbers. When will they learn.

Dallas Cowboys set NFL paid home attendance record in 2015
Jeffrey Kahn - Jan 8, 12:00 PM 5
Newsletter

The Dallas Cowboys set home attendance records in the NFL this season.

Despite ending up with a 4-12 record, AT&T Stadium held the most fans in a single season. In eight games, the Cowboys had an attendance total of 731,672 equating to an average of 91,459, most in the league.

The Cowboys had and overall home attendance of 720,558 equating to an average of 90,070 in 2014.

Scroll through for the paid attendance at every Cowboys home game in the 2015-2016 season.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folks have paid their seat licenses and Jerry's already got his money. They have no choice but to show up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You could say the same thing for the previous season

But...

I can see how attendance would be up at the beginning of the 2015 season because of all the hype after our 2014 12-4 season. But 6-8 games in with Romo gone and our loosing streak continuing I would expect attendance to drop off

Not every seat in the stadium is "owned via seat license"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm sure a ton of those were opposing fans.

But of course they buy Jerry's beer and hot dogs just as well, so what does he care.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just find it ass backwards that in our worst season in 20 years we set an all time NFL record for attendance

The msg that shows Jerruh is that the product he puts on the field has absolutely no bearing on how much money he makes.

Hell, with his twisted logic he might just think that the worse the product is on the field the more fans will come out and support their team and be there to cheer them on. So why try to win and improve the team when more ppl show up to games when they are horrible and losing

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me with this guy......nothing. He's a businessman first. I don't blame him for that because it's what he's always been. He just happened to luck into Jimmy Johnson who brought Jerry some early success that he's been living on for 20 plus years.

Everything they've done in the NFL since Jerry arrived is business, from new stadiums paid by the citizens, to the salary cap that ensures more money stays in the owner's pockets. If I'm not mistaken, Jerry was a huge supporter of the salary cap. The goal of this money making machine called the NFL is "relevance." If teams go down to the wire (end of the season) still in the hunt, it was a great year for the NFL and stadiums will be filled. Parity all but ensures that attendance will remain high, as fans have some artificially created hope that their team has a chance each and every year and parity also ensures that no team stays down too long.

SB's are secondary and necessary for the commercial success of the NFL. The game is all but meaningless except for the 2 teams involved. I mean, what the fuck, people watch the SB to see the commercials as much as they do the game. It's the brainwashing of the NFL fan and the NFL rakes in the money for being more WWE/soap opera entertainment than old school football that we grew up with.

Last edited:

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
this season was a one off since you almost never see 4 teams stinking it up in the same division for so much of the season. So we were 'technically' in the hunt right up until the last few games. THAT is why the fans kept showing up. In a normal season we would have been eliminated by Thanksgiving and then the fans would have started not showing up.

One thing: the stadium will be nearly full no matter what because our fans will sell their tickets to other teams fans who want to be there.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were 3 and 7 going in to Thanksgiving and 3 and 8 after that game. Anyone that thought we were still in the hunt after a 3 and 7 start, let alone 3 and 8 after Turkey day is down right intellectually challenged....even retarded.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Were we technically still in the hunt according to the records of our division? Sure

But were we ever really in the hunt with an actual chance to make it to, let alone win in the playoffs? Not since game 2 of the season. Which means absolutely nothing that early on. So in reality we were never "in the hunt" we never stood a real chance. Even if Romo came back and didn't re-break his clavicle he was still playing like shit. So we never had an actual shot at doing anything last season!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure a ton of those were opposing fans.

But of course they buy Jerry's beer and hot dogs just as well, so what does he care.

And trust me, the beer is not cheep there either. Not to mention having to pay $75 to park. Jerry is basically printing money. Especially when you factor in the new training complex they're building in Frisco, TX. It's basically a Cowboys Country Club where members are going for $50K a year to start. They've already sold out and the facility isn't even finished being built yet. The facility will also be loaded with restaurants and hotels that will be open to the public. The Cowboys were already named the most valuable sports franchise in the world and that was before the new training facility. Their value is only going to go up.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me with this guy......nothing. He's a businessman first. I don't blame him for that because it's what he's always been. He just happened to luck into Jimmy Johnson who brought Jerry some early success that he's been living on for 20 plus years.

Everything they've done in the NFL since Jerry arrived is business, from new stadiums paid by the citizens, to the salary cap that ensures more money stays in the owner's pockets. If I'm not mistaken, Jerry was a huge supporter of the salary cap. The goal of this money making machine called the NFL is "relevance." If teams go down to the wire (end of the season) still in the hunt, it was a great year for the NFL and stadiums will be filled. Parity all but ensures that attendance will remain high, as fans have some artificially created hope that their team has a chance each and every year and parity also ensures that no team stays down too long.

SB's are secondary and necessary for the commercial success of the NFL. The game is all but meaningless except for the 2 teams involved. I mean, what the fuck, people watch the SB to see the commercials as much as they do the game. It's the brainwashing of the NFL fan and the NFL rakes in the money for being more WWE/soap opera entertainment than old school football that we grew up with.

You are correct about Jerry being a big supporter of the salary cap back in the mid-90's. He was actually leading the charge.

Jerry is a genius at marketing the team. What other team would be as successful and make as much money after only have 2 playoff wins in 20 years. If the Patriots went 20 years with only 2 playoff wins no one would give a fuck about them. Hell they went 10 years without success and no one gave a crap about them until Parcells went there. Unfortunately for us, that means that Jerry can afford to continue doing things his way. He can continue to treat the team as his personal toy and try to win his way (which we all know will never happen).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Truth there for sure.

And while the games were technically "sold out" there seemed to be an awful lot of empty seats those last couple of home games.
Seems like part of the business plan for the new stadium was to provide Jerry a shield against disgusted fans.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw the rankings for 2015 and Manning was ranked as the 30th best/worst QB in the league. So the Broncos won a fucking Super Bowl with one of the lowest ranked QB's in the entire league!

I'm sure once Jerruh sees that stat he will value the QB situation even lower than he did this past season. We are doomed to QB hell for ever!

Not to mention Carr who puts us in salary cap hell with his hugely underserved contract. I pray he is the first to go on June 1st. He was ranked a pitiful 73rd in the league and will cost us $13mil in 2016 or we can save $11.1 mil if we cut him. He can't be gone soon enough for me with his zero interceptions, bad angles and missed tackles that cost us games last season

Last edited:
Top Bottom