MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So would you guys target Von Miller in free agency?

Reaction score
No. He's not even an option. Denver isn't letting him go anywhere.

And we're not one player away.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
After I posted that I saw that they plan to Franchise him anyways.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
After I posted that I saw that they plan to Franchise him anyways.

Even if they don't he is going to demand a Suh type contract. He is good but way too expensive.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even if they don't he is going to demand a Suh type contract. He is good but way too expensive.

Yea that contract will be an albatross. I do think though that a majority of their FA money should be spend on the front 7. I'd like to see them target 2 or 3 of the second tier DL in free agency.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How would we get him? Denver isn't letting him go.

Yea it isn't happening. Von Miller has come out and said that he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware makes a ton of sense. He's probably got two years left, perfect time to groom and develop Gregory, nice 3-mn rotation of Ware, Gregory, and Lawrence.

I read somewhere that he was willing to give Denver a discount to stay there. I understand with the Super Bowl win, but that still stings because he wasn't willing to do that to say here. In fact, with all the praise that some like to give Jerry and Stephen with the salary cap, it seems that outside of Doug Free, we rarely get people to take a paycut to stay.

Brandon Carr refused last year. Ware the year before that. Newman did, and took less money but played serviceable years for the Bengals and Vikings. Even Roy Williams refused and then went and played for the Bengals. He didn't light the world on fire but one could argue that he was no worse than the garbage we had playing at safety. Greg Ellis also refused a paycut a few years before that and went and played his normal average self for the Raiders.

Reaction score
Yep Jerry's set a terrible precedent by giving big contracts to guys who hadn't proven anything here... *cough* Roy Williams *cough*

Surely makes these players think "why should I take a paycut?" Especially Ware... he was the only man on defense here for a good 5 years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware makes a ton of sense. He's probably got two years left, perfect time to groom and develop Gregory, nice 3-mn rotation of Ware, Gregory, and Lawrence.

I read somewhere that he was willing to give Denver a discount to stay there. I understand with the Super Bowl win, but that still stings because he wasn't willing to do that to say here. In fact, with all the praise that some like to give Jerry and Stephen with the salary cap, it seems that outside of Doug Free, we rarely get people to take a paycut to stay.

Brandon Carr refused last year. Ware the year before that. Newman did, and took less money but played serviceable years for the Bengals and Vikings. Even Roy Williams refused and then went and played for the Bengals. He didn't light the world on fire but one could argue that he was no worse than the garbage we had playing at safety. Greg Ellis also refused a paycut a few years before that and went and played his normal average self for the Raiders.

I was thinking that the Cowboys could make a run at bringing Ware back at a reduced rate but he actually has 1 more year left on his contract and seems pretty happy in Denver. He did say that he's not ready to retire though and feels he has a lot left in his tank, so maybe next year they could bring him in if Denver decides to go for a younger player. Plus Denver will have Miller's contract on their books so they may not be able to resign Ware.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Doesn't Beason also have a history of domestic violence? I believe he does.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Norm was pimping Lamar Miller pretty hard the other day.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Norm was pimping Lamar Miller pretty hard the other day.

This would be a good move IMO. Will only be 25 in April and hasn't been overworked at all. Also doesn't fumble much and is a good receiver as well as runner.

Also signing him negates any real need to draft a RB early, freeing them up to focus on other areas.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's not often a 24-year old feature back with 4.4 speed hits free agency.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It's not often a 24-year old feature back with 4.4 speed hits free agency.

His speed is one of the main reasons I want him. If our OL can get him to the second level untouched (which is likely) he could break some long runs.

Top Bottom