Reaction score
Cowboy picks only, link to whole thing:

Four-round mock draft: Cowboys grab QB Wentz at No. 4 - NFL.com

Four-round mock draft: Cowboys grab QB Wentz at No. 4

By Chad Reuter
Draft analyst
Published: Jan. 29, 2016 at 04:37 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 30, 2016 at 11:14 a.m.

Putting together a four-round mock draft is like someone giving you 150 pieces for a 127-piece puzzle ... and you have to figure out which ones don't fit.

The reason I went through this exercise so early in the draft process is to display the sheer depth of talent in this year's class -- thanks mostly to the 107 high-quality players that submitted for early entry despite still owning one or two years of collegiate eligibility.

There is a good chance that some of the players I project in the second round will be picked in the first. Several prospects listed in the third or fourth rounds could wind up being second-round picks after the draft process has run its course.

4. Dallas Cowboys Carson Wentz - QB, North Dakota State

Tony Romo is undergoing surgery this off-season, and is already 35 years old. The Cowboys coached Carson Wentz at the Senior Bowl this week, so they'll find out all they need to know if they want to take him here.

Round 2

34. Dallas Cowboys: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

Round 3

67. Dallas Cowboys: Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State

Round 4

98. Dallas Cowboys: James Cowser, DE, Southern Utah

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd be happy with those first 4 picks. Not sure that Austin Johnson makes it to the 3rd round though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No more red hair. It might have been tolerable before HD TV, but no more.

Reaction score
Like the 2nd and third. Not a fan of Wentz, and I dont trust Wilsons ability to develop a guy. Have no clue who the fourth rounder is.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
If we're going for a Big Sky defensive end, we should go with Tyrone Holmes.

Cowser did break Jared Allens FCS sack record

Cowboysrock55

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, he is a lawyer, so that might fit nicely. :awkward

Yeah yeah, I got an avatar.

Also, I'm not sure why someone would hate Wentz. Looks like a great player to me. If Wade Wilson is the problem get rid of Wade Wilson. Don't blame Wentz for that.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I got an avatar.

Also, I'm not sure why someone would hate Wentz. Looks like a great player to me. If Wade Wilson is the problem get rid of Wade Wilson. Don't blame Wentz for that.

Wade Wilson should have been gone a long time ago.

Top Bottom