Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's roll out the red carpet guys! He will be here by the end of the week!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They can't just yet.

Browns issue statement regarding Johnny Manziel, expected to cut him when new league year starts March 9 - Chronicle-Telegram

The Browns sound like they are done with quarterback Johnny Manziel. But a move isn’t likely to happen until the new league year starts March 9.

New executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown put Manziel on notice this afternoon with a succinct statement following his latest off-field incident over the weekend in Texas.

“We’ve been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field,” Brown wrote. “Johnny’s continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization.

“His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Police in Dallas and Fort Worth are investigating Manziel for a possible assault involving an ex-girlfriend. He was also questioned by Avon police Oct. 12 following an in-car argument with his girlfriend. He wasn’t charged in the Avon incident.

The Browns could cut Manziel as early as Monday following the Super Bowl, but salary cap implications point to the move happening March 9. He has two years left on his four-year, $8.2 million rookie contract.

Manziel was the No. 22 pick in the draft in 2014, but his career with the Browns has been ruined by erratic behavior off the field.

In addition to the run-ins involving police, he spent 10 weeks last offseason in a facility that specializes in treating addiction. He was fined for missing medical treatments in each season and was benched for two games this year for partying and lying about it.

He played 15 games in two years with eight starts, going 2-6. He completed 57 percent of his passes for 1,675 yards, seven touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 74.4 rating.

New coach Hue Jackson also weighed in on the latest incident.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
cannot believe it took them this long to finally dump the idiot. But then the Browns would not be the browns if they did not blow just about every possible QB decision.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My bad, the alert popped up on my feed. I only saw the top portion of it. I didn't read the rest of the notification that specified March

Either way, here he comes to ruin the next few years of our franchise until Jerry finally gets tired of his shit and drops his ass too

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Either way, here he comes to ruin the next few years of our franchise until Jerry finally gets tired of his shit and drops his ass too
He'll come in, straighten out, and LEAD US TO SUPER BOWLS!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looks like March 10th will be his landing date in Dallas because the 9th is the official date of his release

The NFL network is stating that the Browns shopped him around for a trade and that no team was interested. Which surprises me. I thought Jerry would give up too much to get him.

Maybe JJ's shrewd business mind kicked in and he figured he can get him on the cheap because no one else wanted him so he figured he would wait till he was released instead of giving up picks for him

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Griffin will be cut the same day.

My sources tell me they will have a lip sync battle in Jerry's office for a contract.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Griffin will be cut the same day.

My sources tell me they will have a lip sync battle in Jerry's office for a contract.

RGIII wins that hands down. You know how hard it is to remember song lyrics when you're drunk?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What's crazy is that the Browns can't afford the 6.4 or 4.6 mil cap hit it would cost them to cut him, but they're doing it anyways.

That's how bad it's gotten.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe they have some type of out in his contract for this type of situation with his character issues

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe they have some type of out in his contract for this type of situation with his character issues
They could I suppose, possibly even sue his ass to recoup the signing bonus. Been done before.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They just seem to be walking away from him too easily with the money involved

But if I remember correctly I thought they were in a good position cap wise so maybe they can take the hit. It might just be the lesser of two evils with his dumb ass

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good point

But they both do

Them for paying him even when they knew he would be an ass hat

And him for blowing his golden ticket

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
At least he got out of Cleveland before they completely ruined his confidence and broke his spirit.

He might have something to offer in the future. Hopefully it's not in Dallas.

Top Bottom