Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
An article just posted stating that the Titans are shopping around their #1 overall pick for two second rounders. The two teams most likely to make the trade are the Rams and Browns. Both teams are in need of a QB and both teams have two second round picks available.

I hope it's Rams for the sake of my local team. But if so that means Lynch or Goff goes #1 then whoever doesn't go first overall will go to the other team. Which leaves Wentz as our best option at QB at that point.

And I still think that the Cowboys might be hot on him from spending time with him during the senior bowl. So they may lean towards him anyway. Everything I have read thus far states that the Cowboys coaching staff have been really impressed with him

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure he means a 1st and two 2nd rounders.

Also, I guess there's no need to go to the Combine, Pro Days, or individual workouts. We played catch with Wentz in Mobile. That's all we need to see.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In sure their first rounder would be included as well. But the article didn't state it

I just see Garret liking Wentz and slapping the right kind of guy on him then falling in love with the kid cuz he can throw a purdy spiral. Oh wait, that's Jerry that falls in love with purdy spirals. I just hope Wentz doesn't turn out to be another Weeden

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
In sure their first rounder would be included as well. But the article didn't state it

I just see Garret liking Wentz and slapping the right kind of guy on him then falling in love with the kid cuz he can throw a purdy spiral. Oh wait, that's Jerry that falls in love with purdy spirals. I just hope Wentz doesn't turn out to be another Weeden

reports like that are worth a bucket of warm spit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can just about guarantee you that Lynch is not going top 5.

I don't know, if he has some stellar workouts and interviews well he will definitely move up some IMO

I don't think Mayock's idea that QB's could go in 3 of the first 4 picks is that far fetched

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score

If Jerry loved a pretty spiral, he would have never drafted Quincy Carter.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brandon Weedon threw the purdyest spiral Jerry had ever seen. That's why he was still on the team much longer than he should have been

Last edited:

Oldfestus408

Spectator
Reaction score
Baring a trade from a team like the Rams or 49ers to move to the 1st or 3rd pick, The Cowboys should select either Goff or Wentz.
If the Rams or Niners move up to get an early pick (I can see the Niners trading the 5th pick, a player and 2nd rounder to the Titans), then both Goff and Wentz will be gone (Browns will pick one of them and the other team will take the other).
That in my opinion would be a worst case scenario for Dallas.
Yes they could use DL or CB help, but planning for a future without Romo should occur now when you can get a good QB early.
Goff or Wentz would sit behind Romo until he retires or is injured.
Paxton isn't a top 15 pick unless he falls to the Rams should no trade occur.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
but planning for a future without Romo should occur now
What most everyone thinks should occur isn't what these clucks at Valley Ranch think. They think they have 3-5 more years out of Romo, and think Kellen Moore is a suitable backup. They won't be drafting a QB in the first or second round no matter who is available IMO.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What most everyone thinks should occur isn't what these clucks at Valley Ranch think. They think they have 3-5 more years out of Romo, and think Kellen Moore is a suitable backup. They won't be drafting a QB in the first or second round no matter who is available IMO.

That would definitely be worst case scenario.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can see them picking up RGIII now that they are over their Johnny Football fever

Then keep Moore as third string and they would feel they are all set at QB

worst case scenario IMO

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I can see them picking up RGIII now that they are over their Johnny Football fever

Then keep Moore as third string and they would feel they are all set at QB

worst case scenario IMO

That would be absolutely terrible.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You believe that? LOL

I actually do

If Jerry picks up Another woman beater the team will be labeled as a bunch of women beaters and Jerry is smart enough to stay away from that label

Getting and harboring Hardy was one thing, but adding a second one would be a publicity death sentence and I don't think Jerruh would be willing to do that

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry is smart enough to stay away from that label
But not smart enough to avoid being photographed in various stages of dress and Occupying Vagistan with three of his stadium pole dancers? You kidding?

What the fuck EVER possesses people to give Jerry any credit for having any common sense or any brain at all?

Top Bottom