Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
San Francisco 49ers hire Chip Kelly as head coach - NFL.com
Kelly joins the 49ers after being fired by the Philadelphia Eagles prior to Week 17. Kelly went 26-21 in three seasons as an NFL coach.

After two 10-win seasons in Philadelphia, it all came crashing down on Kelly in 2015 after he wrestled personnel control away from the front office. Several of his headline-making moves backfired, including shipping LeSean McCoy out of town and signing DeMarco Murray.

In San Francisco, Kelly will not have personnel control, with general manager Trent Baalke entrenched. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said on NFL Network on Thursday that not having control is OK with Kelly, adding that the coach "learned his lesson with the Eagles" and is going to focus on coaching.

The Niners had also interviewed former Giants coach Tom Coughlin, former Broncos and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and new Browns coach Hue Jackson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Won't be fun to play them with Kaepernick in that system.

Why? Is the great Chip Kelly going to teach Kapernick how to throw the ball so it hits the broad side of a barn?

Glad they hired him, hopefully he thinks he can fix Kapernick and they avoid QB early.

Reaction score
Kaeppernick played well under Harbaugh. No clue why dbair keeps suggesting he's helpless

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kaeppernick played well under Harbaugh. No clue why dbair keeps suggesting he's helpless
Dbair posted horribly his whole message board career. No clue why people consider his takes.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With Kelly's recent debacle of player evaluation and acquisition I'm not too worried. LOL

Reaction score
Kelly isn't going to have control of player selection. 9'ers have an GM in place.

I think it's a good fit. I think Kelly will do well there in a few years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dbair posted horribly his whole message board career. No clue why people consider his takes.

Unlike slobs like yourself, I absolutely dont give two shits what people think of my "takes"

Reaction score
Chip Kelly is nowhere nerar the coach Harbaugh is.

Kelly as a head coach alone is a hell of a coach. Last year he failed trying to do the GM/Coach combo thing - where basically nobody has ever had success doing so.

If Kelly can squeeze 10 wins out of limited losers like Sanchez and Foles, I'd be wary about what he can do with a guy like Kaeppernick.

Top Bottom