Reaction score
Jan 3

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson is a "leading candidate" for the head coaching job left open by the firing of Chip Kelly on Dec 29, Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ Advance Media reports.

Pederson, a former quarterback, played for the Eagles in 1999, and was an assistant coach under Andy Reid from 2011 to 2012.

The team has not yet interviewed Pederson, and can wait for the Chiefs to be knocked out of the playoffs or ask the team for permission for one interview during the postseason. For wild-card teams, that interview is allowed between the wild-card game and a divisional playoff game.

The hiring of Pederson would be a surprising one, but the former quarterback does have ties to the organization. Pederson also has close ties to Reid, who is still a favorite of team owner Jeffrey Lurie, and could influence Lurie to give Pederson a legitimate chance at the job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Supposedly, they reached out to Reid and asked him if Pederson was ready for a HC job.

And Reid probably thought to himself "hell yeah, I can still get these assholes" and recommended him like crazy

Reaction score
Well at least Pederson got that KC offense to throw a TD to a WR this season.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Great. Going for the nostalgic shitty former QB angle. Here I was thinking that team would be good enough to beat Dallas until Garrett was fired.

Now we just get to watch to benchwarmers oil each other up and have a clap off.

Reaction score
@LesBowen
Doug Pederson will be the #Eagles coach, league source confirms.

Underwhelming. I'd be pissed if I was an Eagles fan.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a loser division for coaches...Garrett, McAdoo, Pederson. Jay Gruden must be feeling pretty good about his chances.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What a loser division for coaches...Garrett, McAdoo, Pederson. Jay Gruden must be feeling pretty good about his chances.

I'm sure they all do.

Nobody has repeated in the division in forever it seems. I think in the last 8 yrs every team has won the division twice.

Reaction score
Source: Pederson eyes Frank Reich as Eagles offensive coordinator

A day after his Chiefs fell in New England, incumbent Eagles head coach Doug Pederson is hoping to flesh out his staff as soon as possible, Marcus Hayes of the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Pederson’s first choice as offensive coordinator appears to be former teammate Frank Reich, a recent casualty in San Diego, where he was offensive coordinator the past three seasons, according to a league source. A year ago Reich’s star was ascending; he interviewed for head coaching vaccines with the Jets and Bills. This was the second straight year the Chargers’ running game was among the league’s worst.

Pederson also is interested in adding fellow Chiefs assistant Brad Childress to the mix. Childress was Pederson’s quarterbacks coach in 1999, when the duo landed in Philadelphia with Andy Reid, and held that position until 2003, when he became the offensive coordinator. Five years as head coach in Minnesota and a stint as coordinator in Cleveland set Childress up to reunite with Reid in Kansas City, where he holds the ambiguous title of Spread Game Analyst … but, in fact, was instrumental, along with Pederson, in guiding quarterback Alex Smith to his best run as a professional.

Pederson would love to steal former Eagles defensive backs and linebackers coach Steve Spagnuolo from the Giants, but new Giants coach Ben McAdoo, recently promoted from offensive coordinator, appears set on retaining Spagnuolo despite the Giants’ defense finishing last in the league in 2015.

Top Bottom