dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please God, let this be the end of our suffering through The Clapper

Jerry Jones doesn’t even talk after latest Cowboys loss

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 28, 2015, 8:04 AM EST

Here’s how you can tell things are bad in Dallas.

There were cameras and reporters in the Cowboys locker room, and owner Jerry Jones didn’t jump in front of them to insist that they were on the verge of fixing things.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys owner declined his normal post-game interviews after his team’s flat-line loss to the Bills, which left them 4-11 and in contention for a top-five pick.

His son Stephen, the team’s executive vice president, did talk, but didn’t have much more to offer when asked about potential future changes or draft priorities.

“We’re worried about this week,” Stephen Jones said. “There will be plenty of time to deal with evaluating what this team did for the season at the end of the season. We’ve got a game left against the Redskins and that’s what we’ll focus on.”

Stephen even mixed in a “next question,” when the next question came in, so you know they’re in a great mood.

Of course, Washington has already clinched the NFC East, so they might be sitting some guys next week, such that it will matter. Things stopped mattering for the Cowboys months ago, and the fact that the elder Jones can’t even talk about it underscores his frustrations and their own inability to fix it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard the audio of the Steve comments and he did sound really pissed.

It's probably more about imagining all the empty seats next week, but still, anything that pisses them off is good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please please please let this be the end of The Clapper

Speaking of which. After Whitehead fumbled the kickoff and they get the ball deep in our territory with about 2 mins or so left, there he was. CLAPPING.

At this point I truly believe that's the extent of his coaching ability. Clapping. He contributes nothing else.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Please please please let this be the end of The Clapper
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment, dbair. Just accept that Jerry is bringing him back for at least one more year.

And a decent year next year and he'll probably buy himself another couple of years.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment, dbair. Just accept that Jerry is bringing him back for at least one more year.

And a decent year next year and he'll probably buy himself another couple of years.

Yeah. He's coming back. Make no mistake.

But I do not get why he is mad? Didn't he say to the effect, that once the Cowboys were out of it... that he would "covet" those draft picks?

Reaction score
How's this for hope.... Maybe he had a stroke during the game and couldn't talk.

Maybe he's dying at this very moment.

#believe

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A silent jerry or a good coach......man, that's a tough call

Too bad we can't have both

Reaction score
I used to think that Garrett's job was safe until Romo retired, but if Jerry could keep Linehan (to retain continuity), maybe Garrett isn't safe.

Jerry isn't oblivious to Garrett's shortcomings as a game manager. Garrett's inability to deal with / adjust to Romo's absence is obvious. It isn't as if Jerry is eager to place all / most blame on the front office.

Reaction score
I used to think that Garrett's job was safe until Romo retired, but if Jerry could keep Linehan (to retain continuity), maybe Garrett isn't safe.

Jerry isn't oblivious to Garrett's shortcomings as a game manager. Garrett's inability to deal with / adjust to Romo's absence is obvious. It isn't as if Jerry is eager to place all / most blame on the front office.

I've considered this, and I think I mentioned it here before. But considering how quickly Romo warmed to Linehan.... I mean, you know... probably a .05% chance of happening, but how about shit canning Garrett and promoting Linehan to HC. Marinelli remains DC.

I would consider that a marked improvement.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've considered this, and I think I mentioned it here before. But considering how quickly Romo warmed to Linehan.... I mean, you know... probably a .05% chance of happening, but how about shit canning Garrett and promoting Linehan to HC. Marinelli remains DC.

I would consider that a marked improvement.

At least he'd get away with this foolish Air Coryell shit. He definitely would go back to the run game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd rather cut all ties and start over.

They shouldn't be basing the decision on the future of the franchise in terms of just Romo anymore. The odds that he ever stays healthy and produces at past levels are pretty slim at this point. The priority should be to get the best guy to lead the team now and into the future, with the idea that the new guy probably needs to be able to develop the next franchise QB as well.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good point on Romo's connection with Linehan...

If nothing else, that probably keeps Garrett from successfully scapegoating him and taking the offense back.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll take the good coach. We have a silent Jerry now and the worst coach.

Me too, unfortunately we wont be given that choice.

jerry will keep yapin' and as soon as Garrett wears out his welcome, jerri will trot out another project he can run roughshod over

rinse and repeat until he's 6-feet under

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah. He's coming back. Make no mistake.

But I do not get why he is mad? Didn't he say to the effect, that once the Cowboys were out of it... that he would "covet" those draft picks?

"Lust"....the word was "lust"......

Top Bottom