bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
574px-NFL_NFC_Carolina_Panthers_Retro_Left_Face.jpg

20150111_jla_sh5_043.jpg-7d3ab82c2448619e919c1e7d3f4bf28c.jpg

I think we win the East if we win this game.

Reaction score
Cowboys vs Packers 5 thinkgs to watch

By Drew Davison

ddavison@star-telegram.com

LinkedIn
Google+
Pinterest
Reddit
Print
Order Reprint of this Story

There’s always a lot of history when the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers meet, particularly at storied Lambeau Field.

The teams have met in the playoffs seven times. Fourteen games in the overall series have been decided by 10 points or fewer, including the Packers’ controversial 26-21 NFC divisional playoff win last season at Lambeau Field.

In that game, an acrobatic, late-game reception by Dez Bryant was overruled near the goal line. The play was debated throughout the rest of the playoffs and during the off-season. In fact, the NFL had to release a clarification on what is a reception.

Sunday’s game, however, has a different look. The Packers are 8-4. Dallas is 4-8. Both have had unconventional seasons, with the Packers losing three times at home and the Cowboys struggling through the loss of quarterback Tony Romo.

Here are five storylines to follow:
1. Dez Bryant’s return

The Cowboys return to the place where their season ended a year ago with a controversial catch that wasn’t by Bryant. Bryant and the Cowboys are ready to move on from that game and are focused on saving their slim playoff chances for another week this season. Bryant comes off a game in which he looked like his former self, fully recovered from right foot surgery and knee/ankle problems.
2. Cassel’s progress

Matt Cassel broke the Cowboys’ dubious backup quarterback winless stretch without Tony Romo on Monday at Washington, but he certainly didn’t carry the team. The offense stalled out at times, and settled for a field goal after having a first-and-goal from the 3. Those drives must turn into touchdowns, especially if the Cowboys want to keep pace with the Packers.
3. Turnover battle

The Cowboys have won the turnover battle only twice this season, and it’s something coach Jason Garrett consistently points to as an area they must win. They didn’t do a good job taking care of the ball Monday, particularly running back Darren McFadden, who lost two fumbles. The defense continues to preach the importance of forcing takeaways.
4. Pressure on Rodgers

Much like takeaways, the defense must get pressure on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throughout the game. That’s something they struggled to do in last season’s playoff game, even though Rodgers was hobbled by a calf injury. But this pass rush is supposedly better, and must show it. It might be time for rookie Randy Gregory to make his presence felt.
5. In-game management

Garrett’s clock management at the end of the Redskins game raised some eyebrows, and Cowboys had a nightmarish end to the first half of last season’s playoff game in Green Bay. The Cowboys should have at worst led 14-7, possibly even 17-7, but left enough time for the Packers to drive for a last-minute field goal and pull within 14-10 at halftime.

Read more here: Cowboys-Packers: Five things to watch | The Star-Telegram

Reaction score
Is Matt Ryan any good? Or is he just average?

I don't watch a lot of Falcons games. I know he's highly regarded by some. But just in watching the Falcons what little I have being in Carolina (NFC South territory) he's kinda inconsistant. Like... he'll have all the time in teh world and a receiver streaking down the middle and he'll McNabb it to him. Then he'll throw a bullett in a small window five minutes later. I can't figure this guy out.

ALso.... Dalton with a thumb injury on his throwing hand. Bengals are just fucking cursed.

Reaction score
Refs aren't doing them any favors, but the Falcons suck.

How did we blow an 11 point lead against these limp dicks?

Reaction score
Manzel having a respectable game. Have to pull for him, since they draft ahead of us. Let them think they found their QB...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Manzel having a respectable game. Have to pull for him, since they draft ahead of us. Let them think they found their QB...
I think they are done with him and are just trying to increase trade value by giving teams four games of tape.

Reaction score
A couple of 4-8 teams won today.

Lets not fuck it up by winning ourselves. Draft position baby.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope we get blown out in embarrassing fashion, but I hate that Melissa McCarthy is going to get the credit for taking back play calling.

Reaction score
March down the field with the run game.

Get first and goal from the four.

Lets abandon the run game and let our limited back up QB try and wing it in there.

Fire.

Garrett.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Great job on that missed catch to tip the ball and allow for the INT IN THE RED ZONE DEZ!!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want them to lose, Jason to get fired, our draft pick to be higher

But we get close to the endzone and the homer in me takes over apparently. LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm at work so I only got to see the first 30 minutes on my lunch break

I'll have to wait to get home to experience the misery that is our 2015 season on the DVR

Top Bottom