Reaction score
Is he still on the team?

Has he made a single play this year?

It's early but he was a non factor basically all last year and thus far this season.

Another 2nd round whiff by our front office?

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hasnt looked great. Noticed a few tackles for a loss but that's it. Gregory and Hardy will hopefully be our DE's and then Lawrence comes in on passing downs with Hardy kicking inside.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he had a sack in the Saints game.

remember, he represents two players since we forked over a third to move up

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Been saying all year I've never seen anything notable about him. He doesn't seem to have any special quality to make me think he'll ever be anything other than an average end. Not really sure why people ever got so fired up about him, other than we were so end-poor that people were hoping.

But Gregory does have that something special, and he and Hardy will take care of things.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He'll be okay IMO. He's a right defensive end that has been asked to bulk up and play the strong side. There's going to be a learning curve. He's going to see bigger right tackle types and a lot more chip blocks from TE's than he has before.

I'm just glad we aren't going with one trick pony Jeremy Mincey at LDE.

Next year's draft has a lot of depth at strongside DE's. Hopefully Lawrence improves enough to where we won't need one.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I think he'll be fine too.

Keep in mind he's only 23 years old and has only like 14 pro games under his belt. He's still learning and adapting.

The addition of Hardy and the attention he requires will only help some of these other guys out. Along with Gregory's speed. I think our dline is in great shape right now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He actually looked good against the Pats.

Like cmd said, he's a RDE being asked to play LDE. So while he's learning to play with power, he's also still learning how to use his athletic ability as well because he's a young guy. So far he's trying to get by on raw, athletic ability. That works in college but not in the pros.

He has to refine his pass-rushing technique.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's been pretty good last two games.

With Hardy back, T Crawford getting healthy, Gregory coming back and that Irving kid garnering attention, Lawrence is going to get a lot of 1 on 1 chances.

Reaction score
Second coming of Kavika Pittman.

Ouch.

Unlike Pittman, DLaw gets a lot of cred though for his game-ender vs Detroit.

But he needs a stout and powerful player to play next to. He can't last playing next to Nick Hayden or playing LDE.

Top Bottom