SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Ross Jones of FOX Sports reports that the Cowboys are bringing in free agent RB LaMichael Jamesfor a workout on Wednesday.
This is the first reported interest in James since he was cut loose by the Dolphins a few weeks into the regular season.
James, 25, was taken in the second-round of the 2012 draft, but was unable to carve out a role with the 49ers. The Dolphins later added him to their practice squad a few days after he was waived by San Francisco.
Miami wound up promoting James him to their active roster just in early September before waiving him to make room for RB Raheem Mostert.
Last year, the 49ers had James active for just 10 games, which had a lot to do with him being slotted as the No. 4 running back on their depth chart. James wound up playing just 28 snaps this season and totaled 59 yards on 12 carries.

Source:Cowboys Working Out RB LaMichael James | NFL Trade Rumors - NFL Rumors

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Yeah,I guess.He does have some skills in that role.Well,he did at Oregon.He flashed a couple times at SF too.:idunno

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still young. Maybe has fresh legs too? Should come relatively cheap. Worth a look.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
McMuffin hasn't done shit for us and he gets brought down by one hand by guys flat on their back. It's happened more than once. I'm done with him

Reaction score
Is he really an upgrade over Mike and Mac? Would another RB really make a difference? They can keep bringing players in all they want and try to run the same basic running plays that make no difference in the offense, it doesn't matter. Another player? Jason had the number one offensive player in the league last year and would not give him the ball at the time the playoff game needed the running back in order to win. The issue is more about designing an effective offense that can use running and passing equally well. I think even if Adrian Peterson would have ended up in Dallas, the situation might be similar. There is a lack of interest and industry with the running plays and the play calls.

If they find ways to run the ball, then 4th down and short probably won't take place often, and there are more options in the passing game when the running back is eating up yards. Jason called the offense "a pass offense" last week. Jason may very we'll view the running game as a hassle of trick plays he is not interested in designing or having in his basic pass offense.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is he really an upgrade over Mike and Mac? Would another RB really make a difference? They can keep bringing players in all they want and try to run the same basic running plays that make no difference in the offense, it doesn't matter. Another player? Jason had the number one offensive player in the league last year and would not give him the ball at the time the playoff game needed the running back in order to win. The issue is more about designing an effective offense that can use running and passing equally well. I think even if Adrian Peterson would have ended up in Dallas, the situation might be similar. There is a lack of interest and industry with the running plays and the play calls.

If they find ways to run the ball, then 4th down and short probably won't take place often, and there are more options in the passing game when the running back is eating up yards. Jason called the offense "a pass offense" last week. Jason may very we'll view the running game as a hassle of trick plays he is not interested in designing or having in his basic pass offense.

Trying to quarterback this team from the HC position.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You have to think the staff is just not that impressed with Michael.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I kind of suspect he's not learning the playbook well enough or is making too many mistakes, same as in Seattle. And that's why he's only on short yardage where things are incredibly simple.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well if he's not picking it up or there some other issue now is the time to release him. If he's active for game 8 then that triggers the draft picks to go to Seattle.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Cool. And if he impresses, the season will be sufficiently crushed by the time he knows the offense well enough to squeak in a single carry behind that juggernaut Joseph Randle. This RB situation has been pretty amateur hour since letting Murray depart.

Reaction score
They had absolutely zero plans other than "durrr lets try to trade for AD cuz he good at fooball"

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They had absolutely zero plans other than "durrr lets try to trade for AD cuz he good at fooball"

And they could have drafted an RB, but essentially decided against it because everyone was expecting them to. But like Omega stated... wouldn't have made a difference because Garrett does not value the run game.

Reaction score

The story in Seattle was he had talent but didn't give a fuck.

I seriously doubt going from a world class organization to this circus is going to make him change his ways.

I once had hopes for the guy, but not much anymore. Still like him better than any of our other backs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just want to see C Mike get a chance if only to see if he's worth a damn

Otherwise we need to drop him so we don't lose the picks

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Michaels. It's the coaches. They are stubborn with sticking to the plan of having Randle and McFadden be the top playing time earners in the RBBC.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's been pissing me off is Randall has success in the first half then regardless of how well he performs they still put in McMuffin

It seems every time Randall is doing good and they replace him with McMuffin our running game just dies

If one guy is doing good we need to stick with him. If his performance starts dropping of then we can toss in McMuffin. But don't take they guy with the hot hand so to speak off the field

If he needs to take a couple plays off to rest that's fine. But don't just replace him with another RB just to get a pair of fresh legs on the field

Top Bottom