Reaction score
What would you change over the bye?

I'd...

• Cut (yes, cut) Weeden. Start Cassell. Roll with Moore as the backup.
  • Start La'el Collins over Ronald Leary. Leary is normally a good player but he's in a rut. Time for a change.
  • Get Christine Michael much more involved. Hammertime. Give our offense an identity and shorten games.
  • Release Lucky Whitehead. Not sure what he brings to the table, at all.
  • Bench Barry Church. I don't know who starts in his place, but I'm benching him anyways.
  • Practice clapping in the mirror. Vary different techniques/speeds based on different situations.

Last edited:

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At this point it just seems we're arranging deck chairs on the Titanic until Romo returns. Cassell is the obvious change that needs to happen week 7. At this point they have got nothing to lose. I have my reservations that he will really be the difference maker we are hoping for. Continue to get the lackluster coaching on top of a subpar running game and I'm afraid it's going to continue to be more of the same.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess the thinking is that instead of Weeden checking down for 6-7 yards, Cassell will check down for 10.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I'm the OC First I punch Garrett in the mouth, kick him the nuts, roll rim in a carpet and throw him off the roof of the stadium to see how high he bounces. Then take bets to see who wins

Then......

Bench Weeden and put in Cassell
Kill the RBBC BS and make Randall the featured back with C Mike as back up. Get C Mike enough carries to see what he brings. Which ever RB has the hot hand gets the ball. Plain and simple. Release McMuffin!!!! He can't block and cost us a sack and a couple pressures against the Pats. He's done in my eyes. If you are going to chip block and are not willing to take one on the chin to protect your QB I have no place for you in my offense!
Look for some scrub WR to pick up to throw in the mix because both T Willy and Butler are not cutting it. Let both of them know if you can't get open I'll find someone who can. Send lucky back to the PS. He ain't doing shit anyway
Bench Leary as mentioned above and put in Le'al. Give this kid a chance

Tell my QB to go wide open throttle against the NYG and not to worry about the INT! Make plays even if it means taking chances because this dink and dunk BS ain't cutting it. We can't lose a game more than once. We gotta go down field and go for the throat. No more playing it safe crap!

We need a win however we can get it. Because what we've done the last three games hasn't worked worth a damn

And then cross my fingers and hope Dez actually comes back for the NYG game.

Reaction score
Bring Callahan and demarco back.

Somewhere out in losers exile, some dBozone is in a fetal position whispering the words.

Yeah okay. Yeah okay. Yeah okay.

Even Broaddus has converted. Judd Garrett is probably going to have a talk with him.

Broaddus: Re-Examining The Breakdowns From The Patriots Tape | Dallas Cowboys

If I were an offensive coordinator in this league, my entire offense would be based on pick or rub routes. The amount of times teams run those plays successfully far outweighs the number of times the play is going to come back. The best example of this was the Brady to Edelman touchdown pass where Danny Amendola drove inside, threw his hands up and took Morris Claiborne out of the play. I will say that with what was happening the entire game – Claiborne should have known by the alignment that there was a possibility of a pick and played it better. What made matters worse was that if the defense could have made Brady hold the ball a tick longer – it would have been a sack by Greg Hardy, who beat tackle Sebastian Vollmer around the end but was just a step late.

I had a scout from another team that studies the Cowboys weekly tell me that Brandon Weeden will never be more than a really good 7-on-7 quarterback. When there is no rush and the pocket is comfortable, he is going to make throws all day. As much as I wanted to disagree with that thought, I couldn’t. Weeden had his opportunities to make throws in this game, but he chose not to. When he needed to throw with anticipation – he didn’t. When he needed to show some patience and allow the routes to develop – he didn’t. Weeden didn’t take advantage of the times where he had a clean pocket to take a shot on a quick out or comeback route. The film didn’t show these receivers winning on many of their routes, but the ones where they did, he either didn’t take a chance or was late with the throw or his accuracy was off. Even though the game had been decided – his throw to Terrance Williams on fourth down was inexcusable. Williams probably ran his best route of the year and for him not to be rewarded for it tells you all you need to know about the current quarterback situation.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
At this point it just seems we're arranging deck chairs on the Titanic until Romo returns. Cassell is the obvious change that needs to happen week 7. At this point they have got nothing to lose. I have my reservations that he will really be the difference maker we are hoping for. Continue to get the lackluster coaching on top of a subpar running game and I'm afraid it's going to continue to be more of the same.

Here is the deal with Cassel. He will try to run the game plan. He has limitations, but he has more experience than weeden. He can dink along like weeden, but can throw the out and a couple of other passes better than weeden. Turned loose on his own would be a disaster. He needs to take calculated shots down the field. I have zero confidence our staff is up to the challenge. Remember who his RB was in KC? Top 3 guy. Second coming of Dorset. An ex-cowboys assistant coach fucked it up there as head coach.

Reaction score
#Cowboys using bye to consider 2 more starting lineup changes: Christine Michael for Joseph Randle at RB, La'El Collins for Ron Leary at LG

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
#Cowboys using bye to consider 2 more starting lineup changes: Christine Michael for Joseph Randle at RB, La'El Collins for Ron Leary at LG

Is this what YOU are proposing for this thread, or s this actually being considered?

Reaction score
@RapSheet

#Cowboys source on RB Christine Michael: "We're definitely gonna use him more." Don't be surprised if Randle starts, Michael plays as much

Reaction score
Garrett says he is trying to get the offense going by starting Collins and CMike. He praised Drew Brees success by saying it was the system. But when Garretts offense fails it's the players. Just need upgrades to get things going. I feel like if we just found some talented Bolsheviks we cod jumpstart Communism again.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll always think Werder's source is Jerry or Stephen. He's known stuff though different coaching administrations, etc.

Although Garrett has been here so long it's almost hard to remember before he was here. Maybe it's him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Won't it be a sad state of affairs if Cassell screws the pooch so bad against NYG that we are all screaming to have them start Weeden again LOL

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it was Werder who talked to a former coach of his (had to be Norv) and he said Cassel wil take more chances than Weeden.

Of course that could be good. But it's going to suck if he forces the ball and throws a bunch of picks that take us right out of games.

Not saying you shouldn't make the move -- at this point you have to. But you can't forget that two QB-poor teams traded this guy for a bag of chips.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah taking more chances downfield is always a double edged sword, but in this day and age of receiver protection, you pretty much gotta do it, at least once per quarter. Because you're likely to get a pass interference call or a holding call at some point - which I guarantee you do NOT get with dink and dunk.

Throw the fucking ball downfield - one, to let them know you WILL fucking do it, secondly, you do need and want that PI call!

And throw it deep on second and one or two, after faking a fucking handoff - not just showing the RB the ball either. SELL the fake! Then chunk it deep! If incomplete you still have 3rd and short.

How come nobody ever does the above? Should be a staple.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm totally with you. Refs are looking for any excuse to throw their flags these days, especially on the defense. If nothing else, why not take a chance on a long PI penalty.

In fact, that first game when everyone was saying Weeds never went deep or threw to his left, it was what, the third play of the game when he went deep to TWill and we got a huge PI penalty out of it. Didn't count as an official stat of course, but it was there and the yards are the same.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm totally with you. Refs are looking for any excuse to throw their flags these days, especially on the defense. If nothing else, why not take a chance on a long PI penalty.

In fact, that first game when everyone was saying Weeds never went deep or threw to his left, it was what, the third play of the game when he went deep to TWill and we got a huge PI penalty out of it. Didn't count as an official stat of course, but it was there and the yards are the same.
E-Zackly. But re: the bolded - didn't teach Carrot Top a damn thing did it.

Plus, it's no big secret that DB position coaches actually TELL defenders to interfere if they think they are beat - prevent the TD at any cost. The penalty is far better than giving up a TD.

Additionally, defenses are pretty much daring us to throw deep, singling up on the wideouts - it's a PI just waiting to happen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's official
Cassell is in for Weeden but we already knew that. And La'el Collins is in for Leary officially

So that's good news

Top Bottom