piledriverfanati

Spectator
Reaction score
With such a big game for our Cowboys this Sunday at home against the Patriots.Should the Cowboys give Matt Cassell the start. Because he has more experience knows Tom Brady and the Patriots well as he was on the pats

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nah. Weeden isn't at fault for the loss to the Saints. The guy is shit ran over twice, but you can't make that move after he played a decent enough game. He did what he was supposed to do.

Don't misunderstand, he will blow a game or two in the not so distant future, so there will be a time when you bench him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't misunderstand, he will blow a game or two in the not so distant future, so there will be a time when you bench him.

So you think he'll win a game in the near future?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
So you think he'll win a game in the near future?

I don't think they win until Romo comes back. I guess they could run into a team that finds a way to lose a game, maybe an unforced error late in a game.

Im just saying he'll give reason for being benched, the Atlanta game wasn't a reason.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think they win until Romo comes back. I guess they could run into a team that finds a way to lose a game, maybe an unforced error late in a game.

Im just saying he'll give reason for being benched, the Atlanta game wasn't a reason.
I agree, it was the D that shit the bed Sunday night.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I agree. I don't think we'll win and we're only fooling ourselves starting this scrub. Our offense is missing the big play with his dink and dunk offense. I'd bet it's also a matter of time before the receivers get frustrated, not because the're great, but Romo has a way of finding the open man, Weeden just can't read a D and plays it safe because he's a loser. Just start Cassell already and be done with it.

Reaction score
I'd be fine with it.

Brandon hasn't impressed me... Hasnt won any games for us. No reason why he should have a lock on the position.

Reaction score
Weeden is so bad, that when he does something reasonably average, we are all shocked and elated. That's not a good sign.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Here's Weeden's numbers so far: 45 att-59 comp(76.3%) 551 yds 2TD 1 INT,with a rating of 108.3 and QBR of 72.39

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Starting Cassel is like starting an older Weeden without the arm.

No thanks.

After watching him in KC, he can throw the out route with some zip and he reads defenses better. His medium deep and deep flutter balls are an issue. He can move a little in pocket and run occasionally. That said, he is still a bum.

Reaction score
Here's Weeden's numbers so far: 45 att-59 comp(76.3%) 551 yds 2TD 1 INT,with a rating of 108.3 and QBR of 72.39

Lots of dink and dunk high percentage throws well behind the first down marker. It's like Alex Smith ball.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
My problem with Weeden is his indecisiveness. Otherwise he does exactly what you expect a backup qb of his caliber to do. Matter of fact he has actually surprised me that he hasn't fucked up worse.

So I don't think it's time to pull him yet.

Now if he's tanking during this game or we can't get the ball moving then I make a switch at half but I think if you make a change you do it during the bye week to ensure Cassell is ready.

Top Bottom