dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Took the opportunity to lecture to us about how bad the USA is when it comes to guns again. Of course he never once mentioned that the person that did yesterdays horrible crime was a fucked up in the head hate monger who targeted Christians, but that doesn't matter to them (Obama and his backwards supporters)

To the idiot Obama and all you retards that support him, please enlighten me and explain what specific laws we could have to prevent the kind of sick garbage we saw yesterday. Oregon is one of the most extreme liberal states in the country and this crime was committed in a "gun free zone". Only one security on duty, and that person is not armed.

Bad people will do bad things. Guns do not cause people to do bad things.

This man is the absolute worst president this county has ever had, and hopefully no one like him will ever be elected again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I've generally been a proponent of the 2nd amendment. But at some point, you have to wonder why our country sees this happen every month or so, and other countries with stricter gun laws don't. I know guns don't kill people, people kill people, yada yada. But some of these other countries don't have people killing other people at nearly the rate that we do.

I'm not decided on anything... but it's time to have a serious discussion in my opinion.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I've generally been a proponent of the 2nd amendment. But at some point, you have to wonder why our country sees this happen every month or so, and other countries with stricter gun laws don't. I know guns don't kill people, people kill people, yada yada. But some of these other countries don't have people killing other people at nearly the rate that we do.

I'm not decided on anything... but it's time to have a serious discussion in my opinion.

What's your plan? Discuss away. The way I see it, the biggest issue yesterday is some stupid do gooders decided only crazy people can have guns and decided that sane honest citizens should not be allowed to defend themselves.

Anyway, I would love to hear your plan that would have prevented all the shootings in Chicago this year.

Reaction score
What's your plan? Discuss away. The way I see it, the biggest issue yesterday is some stupid do gooders decided only crazy people can have guns and decided that sane honest citizens should not be allowed to defend themselves.

Anyway, I would love to hear your plan that would have prevented all the shootings in Chicago this year.
I don't have a plan... I said I'm not decided on anything.

But I would think a good start would be to look at what they are doing in the other countries that don't see mass shootings and the gun violence that we do... See what has been effective and what hasn't. Just because it hasn't been effective in Chicago doesn't mean it's not effective anywhere. America isn't the only country in the world with citizens who have mental issues.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They'll deny it, but the ultimate goal is gun confiscation. That's why they keep invoking Australia, which can't happen here unless you amend the Constitution. As for gun-free campuses, I've never understood why anti-NRA types are fine with armed guards protecting their money at a bank but not their children at a school.

Reaction score
The Onion

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

October 1, 2015

ROSEBURG, OR—In the hours following a violent rampage in southwestern Oregon in which a lone attacker killed 10 individuals and seriously injured seven others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Thursday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Ohio resident Lindsay Bennett, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past six years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

June 17, 2015

CHARLESTON, SC—In the hours following a violent rampage in downtown Charleston in which a lone attacker killed nine individuals and seriously injured one other, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Oklahoma resident Kenneth Barrows, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five and a half years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

May 27, 2014

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Mass shootings take place all over the world. It is delusional to pretend otherwise. Many times it is the government or defacto leaders doing the shooting. The two things that prevent the US from becoming a banana republic are gun rights and property rights.

Reaction score
They don't happen in other advanced countries at near the rate that we see them here in the US.

s_1ZCdFJKfd1IPNdtUbk0ycz3z_TWexNd9naU7hDaykaq8ZzL71IEugdnLSsWmtuY1zFjPWWE4fk2DeQ_5_9wcN1XWMehSk6.png

This chart was created using numbers from 2000-2014. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jun/22/barack-obama/barack-obama-correct-mass-killings-dont-happen-oth/

You see the per capita rates in the US are #4 for deaths and injuries. But the number of incidents in the US is 578% higher than the other 10 countries examined COMBINED. Norway, Switzerland and Finland's per capita numbers that are higher than ours, but that's over only 4 incidents with huge casualty/injury numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven’t been following this latest mass shooting. Seems like there is one new one every week. When you look at the gun violence in this country, it’s alarming. People do need guns to fight oppressive governments, but i also understand that when a person is mentally unstable or going through some type of emotional distress, having a gun handy makes it easier to hurt yourself or others. You just have to pull the trigger. I think with all the gun stats, the way America is currently doing things is not working.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I haven’t been following this latest mass shooting. Seems like there is one new one every week. When you look at the gun violence in this country, it’s alarming. People do need guns to fight oppressive governments, but i also understand that when a person is mentally unstable or going through some type of emotional distress, having a gun handy makes it easier to hurt yourself or others. You just have to pull the trigger. I think with all the gun stats, the way America is currently doing things is not working.

It would work better if the left would allow us to defend ourselves. Gun free zones is obviously a failed idea.

Reaction score

Want to know why? It's real easy.

It's a generational thing.

First off, people nowadays are desensitized to gore, be it from video games or movies or gruesom videos on the internet. I don't remember the URL, but in the early 2000's, there was a website that hosted nothing but gruesome crime scene, crash scene, etc pics, beheading videos, etc. Wackos see this stuff and are desensitized to it.

Secondly, these mass shootings nowadays generate soooooo much attention. So every nut job, loser, nobody who wants notoriaty thinks to themselves, I'll never amount to anything IRL... let me go down in history this way. Pull the trigger a few times, and you're headline news for weeks on end. If you're someone who's never received attention, this can be very appealing.

I'd offer for example all the attention given to the drug dealer Freddie Gray or that store robber and budding criminal Michael Brown. Both were complete shitbags but were made famous by getting in confrontations with police. Received a shit ton of attention, and now its not hard at all to find videos online of black people escalating conflicts with police. Everyone wants notoriety.

And truthfully, its a societal issue. Broken homes, neglectful parents, etc. Kids need structure and organization and disclipline. But instead they eat shitty diets and watch video games and develop zero work ethic etc.

But this isn't a "gun" issue. Or an ease of getting guns. Look at Chicago. They have the strictest gun laws in the country. Hows that working out for them?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like I said above, what specific laws would PREVENT this? What laws are different in the countries on that list?

I just don't see what can possibly be done to ensure it cant happen. Even if Obama and the extreme left got what they really wanted (ban on all guns) you'd still have bad people doing bad things. In fact the worst school mass killing ever in US history had nothing to do with guns, some loser used all sorts of explosive devices (like dynamite) to blow up a school and kill almost 40 kids and injured another 60.

It takes a really sick mind to do what these people do, how do you fix all that in everybody?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The entire idea that taking guns away from law abiding citizens or disarming our nation would suddenly stop these mass shootings is ignorant

These mass shootings are never someone that just snapped, had access to a gun lawfully, grabbed said gun, then ran out of the house shooting everyone in sight.

They are always planned out ahead of time with some agenda on who to target and why. Be it race or religion or whatever they want to get behind to convince themselves that mass murder is ok. All of them are proven to be insane at the time or after the fact.

Now with that said....
If the entire country was unarmed and that same insane person who planned the mass murder wanted to obtain a firearm to commit the same crimes he would have no trouble still obtaining a firearm to commit the same crime. Often times it's easier to obtain a gun illegally than it is to obtain one legally. No matter what laws we put in place to disarm the citizens of the U.S. there will always be access to illegal guns. They will just cost more for the criminal to obtain. But it will never stop someone who is insane and intent on doing harm to others using a firearm. It will only change the mode in which he obtains said firearm.

Disarming the nation would only make the rest of us who own guns legally for self protection and hunting unable to defend ourselves from those same insane individuals who are intent on doing harm to others!

I myself am a gun owner, I have personally had to use my legally owned firearm to defend my family, myself, and my property to stop an intruder crawling into my bedroom window. I was able to stop the intruder in his tracks and hold the intruder at gunpoint while on the phone with the sheriff until they arrived (60 seconds later thankfully). With no harm coming to the intruder, and more importantly to my family or myself!

Had I not had a firearm that situation would have ended up very different! If all I had was a baseball bat I promise you the intruders head would have been bashed in before his feet touched the floor inside my house for fear of harm coming to my family.

But with the threat of deadly force from a firearm it stopped the intruder in his tracks and I knew that if he did try to attack that I could stop him before he reached my family. With only a baseball bat for home protection that threat no longer exists. And it gives the intruder the possibility of taking a blow or two but the threat of still getting to my family and doing harm would still be there.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I don't remember the URL, but in the early 2000's, there was a website that hosted nothing but gruesome crime scene, crash scene, etc pics, beheading videos, etc.

somethingrotten.com I think someone on Broadway has that now

Reaction score
Midswat nailed it.

Really? liveleak.com, shitty diet, video games and bad worth ethic = mass murdering terrorist?

Shit, sounds like me. Although i don’t own a gun and would never do such a thing.

Most gun violence is self inflicted, ie suicide. I could be wrong but i know i’ve seen those stats before.

Come to think of it, Middy might be right, somedays i wish i had a gun lol

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Want to know why? It's real easy.

It's a generational thing.

First off, people nowadays are desensitized to gore, be it from video games or movies or gruesom videos on the internet. I don't remember the URL, but in the early 2000's, there was a website that hosted nothing but gruesome crime scene, crash scene, etc pics, beheading videos, etc. Wackos see this stuff and are desensitized to it.

Ogrish?

Secondly, these mass shootings nowadays generate soooooo much attention. So every nut job, loser, nobody who wants notoriaty thinks to themselves, I'll never amount to anything IRL... let me go down in history this way. Pull the trigger a few times, and you're headline news for weeks on end. If you're someone who's never received attention, this can be very appealing.

In fact, he admired the work of that guy who clipped the news-crew in Virginia a few weeks ago.

And truthfully, its a societal issue. Broken homes, neglectful parents, etc. Kids need structure and organization and disclipline. But instead they eat shitty diets and watch video games and develop zero work ethic etc.

Oregon guy, the Sandy Hook shooter and Elliot Rodger were all estranged from their fathers.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1443823721461.jpg

not sure what his point is. that you can't own more than x amount of guns, even with a clean record? good luck with that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The next time an Anti says guns should be banned for everyone just ask them what they plan to do when an armed person breaks into their house with the intent to do he and his family harm? When he breaks in with the intention of raping his wife at gun point?

When the criminal is armed and you are not what is your plan to stop the attack? Are you as a husband going to jump in front of your wife and take the bullet for her? Good for you! Now that you are dead he is free to do what he pleases with your family

Meanwhile the psycho who bought his firearm illegally still went out and shot up the local school full of children and there were no armed security personnel to stop him

Tell me again how taking away everyone's guns is a good idea?

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
View attachment 3088

not sure what his point is. that you can't own more than x amount of guns, even with a clean record? good luck with that.

The problem with the anti's thinking is they think that taking away our right to own guns that it will take away the right for criminals and psychos to own guns.

It won't

They will just obtain a gun illegally and they will still accomplish what they set out to do in the first place.

It doesn't matter if he owned one gun or one hundred guns. The outcome would have been the same

Top Bottom