Mr.Po

Reaction score
We traded 2 picks for a rental and a guy who couldn't beat out Tyrod Taylor...............way to go Jerry you sly dog.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Depends on what the pick is... have to say, I like the the acquisition. Cassell is better than Weeden.

Reaction score
How this team manages the QB position - easily the most important position on the field - is disgusting.

Reaction score
Everyone is saying we needed a vet to bring in someone because we needed a vet. But Moore is a three year guy who's played under Linehan for years.

If we had no confidence in Weeden why is he here?

Reaction score
We traded a 5th rounder in 2017 for Cassell and a 7th in 2017. Like the move for that cost. It's like we got him for nothing. If Weeden goes down or sucks donkey dick then we don't have to start Kellen Moore.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How this team manages the QB position - easily the most important position on the field - is disgusting.
Jerruh tried to address it and they wouldn't let him. I bet he's full of "I told you so" seeing as Manziel is starting now for the Brown.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
We traded a 5th rounder in 2017 for Cassell and a 7th in 2017. Like the move for that cost. It's like we got him for nothing. If Weeden goes down or sucks donkey dick then we don't have to start Kellen Moore.

Let's see how you feel when Cassell doesn't see a single down of playing time and we get to the 2017 draft without that pick.

Cdgreer

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Cassell is a good policy in case Weeden goes down. We needed a capable backup that has played in the league before. DC cannot let too many games slip away this year due to a QB. Can't bag on the trade...we don't know who else they called to try and get. Someone else was not available or too costly for our needs (salary cap). I think this year is different, they have a lot of positives happening in the organization so they do not want to let it go. The draft pick will be a compensatory pick anyway, it is a chip to use to get players. I think Cassell can be here if Weeden does not get the job done unlike who we have now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everyone is saying we needed a vet to bring in someone because we needed a vet. But Moore is a three year guy who's played under Linehan for years.

If we had no confidence in Weeden why is he here?

Precisely

Reaction score
We traded 2 picks for a rental and a guy who couldn't beat out Tyrod Taylor...............way to go Jerry you sly dog.

Taylor has way more of a ceiling. I don't think that's a huge knock on Cassel.

Overall, Cassel has played for mostly shitty teams since leaving New England. He's shown promise at times, which is more than anyone here can say for Weeden.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just put Gus Johnson back on the practice squad

Not sure why when we have Michael

Now we have Randal, Dumbar, McFadden, Michael, and Gus Johnson all on either the active roster or the PS

then we Have Weeden as our starter and activate Moore from the PS and place him on the active roster, then we pick up Cassel

I think Jerry likes collecting players like a woman with a new pair of shoes. They look nice, you don't really need that many pairs, but it's fun to shop for them. Then you bring them home, put them away and never wear them again

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's see how you feel when Cassell doesn't see a single down of playing time and we get to the 2017 draft without that pick.
I can't imagine ruing the loss of a 5th round pick. We'll probably get compensatory picks to make up for it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom