Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do we bring up Moore or Showers from the practice squad? Or do we give Vaughan a call?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Yep. He has fast feet and has been learning from Romo how to move around in and out of the pocket. Strong arm. No idea if he can read defenses or is accurate. Interesting project at the very least.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We prolly need a backup QB, is all. No one's claiming Showers is a Romo replacement or anything.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From Garretts press conference it kind of sounded like it might be Moore

He said he knows Linehans offense already and didn't even mention anyone else

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Do we bring up Moore or Showers from the practice squad? Or do we give Vaughan a call?

None of the above.

I strongly suspect Moore is here just to be the scout team QB and extra arm anyway. I don't think they signed him to the PS with the intent to ever put him on the active roster. Showers I don't think is a QB any longer.

They'll nab an unemployed vet who has at least started a few games somewhere as the backup to Weeden.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He is a project, but has some skills the can't be taught. Why so down on him?

He'll make a fine developmental DB or WR prospect.

He isn't a QB, which is why they started lining him up everywhere on the field in training camp.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah but Patrick played some WR I believe in college and immediately made the switch full time in the pros.

Yeah. Patty boy played 3 years of college at WR and was an all-conference player there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why would anyone think Showers could play WR or DB... It's not like he's some exceptional athlete.

That's why they are moving him around, because he did show good athletic ability.

They said the day they signed him to the PS that they were going to try him at a number of positions. He lined up in 3 or 4 different spots in preseason too.

Reaction score
Weeding

#NFL veteran QBS Matt Flynn and Christian Ponder among those scheduled for #Cowboys tryouts. Ed Werder on
Twitter.

Top Bottom