VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
:mad

The Cowboys are expected to be without star receiver Dez Bryant for longer than the team initially feared. In fact, there is a chance they don't see Bryant on the field until December.

Bryant, who broke a small bone in his foot late during the opening win over the Giants, actually needed a bone graft during the surgery that took place last Monday, according to sources informed of his procedure. So instead of a four-to-six week recovery as the team had hoped, Bryant faces a 10-12 week timeframe.

----

One surgeon well-versed in the procedure explained a bone graft can be used to help the bone heal if there is a chronic component to the injury -- if it's an issue the player has had before. If this injury was a straight-forward "Jones fracture" it wouldn't need a bone graft.

Link

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
We will get to see how Romo performs without a top 5 wideout and a crap running game. Hope he doesn't revert back to Tony Ono!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw that on the NFL Network. Not good news.

Looks like it's time to see what this team is really made of now!

Loosing Dez and Gregory is going to hurt especially with Hardy out for three more games.

No big time receiver and even more important no pass rush? Yeah that's a gut check for the Cowboys

If we just lost Dez but had a decent pass rush to keep pressure on the opposing QB's I would feel much more confident about him being gone for 12 weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently this is not true, they are still expecting him to be about 8 weeks.

Cdgreer

Cheerleader
Reaction score
It's about toleration for injuries. In the case of cracked bones, it has to heal first and then is a player dealing with it good or not. Some players just deal with it and play earlier due to their own mindset. Don't be surprised if he plays in late October.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's the part that worries me. That Dez will try to come back too early and before it's had a chance to heal properly. Then re injuring the foot and him being out longer than the 8-12 weeks

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's the part that worries me. That Dez will try to come back too early and before it's had a chance to heal properly. Then re injuring the foot and him being out longer than the 8-12 weeks

My understanding is that he has a plate on the break. If so, then it's unlikely he would re-injure it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Obviously they are going to have to protect him from himself

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, they better leave that thing in a cast for an extra long time just to make sure he doesn't go play basketball on or something the first time it starts feeling good. Even Jesse Holley was saying last night on the postgame show that as soon as it stops hurting Dez will be saying to shoot it up and let him play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As it stands now we might find a way to limp into the playoffs with the team we are able to field right now

But if we suffer any more Injuries/Suspensions or any set backs to the time table on getting our guys back healthy near the middle/end of the season we will be in serious trouble.

Right now we are one single set back away from disaster

Something like Weeden or a lineman going down would cripple us. Most people are thinking we are already damaged beyond repair for the season.

I personally don't think we are there yet. But we are damn close IMO

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wish we could play more shitty teams earlier in the season. Schedule doesn't help us much, but we'll get a huge bump after week 4. Need to survive two more games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Winnable games next two weeks. Falcons probably lost RB T Coleman for our game, Saints are awful and Brees may not play either.

4-0 start with the shit that's happened to us would be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom