Reaction score
MMBM: The Cowboys are a better team without Dez Bryant

MMBM: The Cowboys are a better team without Dez Bryant - SBNation.com

Notice to all the Dallas Cowboys homers whether your from California, Virginia, or Florida. Your probably not going to like what I have to say and to be perfectly honest I dont care. But you can look at the stats and agree with me, or you can look at your own lint-filled belly button and bury your head in the sand.

The Cowboys are a better team without Dez Bryant. Sorry but its true.

This team just works better without Dez. Having Bryant out of the line-up allows Tony Romo to execute the offense better and spread the ball around to players like Jason Witten and Cole Beasley instead of having to worry about getting a threatening phone call from JZ for not throwing 4 consecutive goal line fades every time they get inside the ten. Not to mention all the off-the-field stuff that goes along with him. This is a franchise that is all about what happens between the stripes, and no Dez Im not talking about a chalk outline in a Wallmart parking lot. Some people will be quick to point out that Dez has never been convicted of a crime but thats just goes to show you how sneaky and devious he really is that hes able to get away with everything you have to imagine he's doing.

As a ticket-holding fan, and recever of unemloyment benefits, I pay his salary and he pays mine so I consider him to be a coworker. And as a coworker I am entitled to say that this office just runs a lot smoother when hes on vacation.

For many teams, its actually beneficial to lose your most talented player. For example, if one guys gettng 50% of your targets and lighting the board up for TDs every time he touches the ball, that means that there is almost barely any film out there on your worse athletes, so opposing coaches wont know how to scheme for your less dynamic playmakers. Also, throwing the ball to your slower players gives fans a better chance to follow along with the action instead of going out there and having these drive-killing runaway touchdowns that'll drive your offensive cordinator crazy.

The fact is, Dez would of never not completed the act of catching that ball against Green Bay if he wasn't on the field to begin with.

Lets just take a look at last nights game. So first of all Dez had to leave the game IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

OF A NIGHT GAME.

THAT WAS BEING PLAYED INDOORS.

BECAUSE HE WAS DYHYDRATED.

Maybe he should change his number from "eighty-eight" to "drinky-drink" folks.

Hell maybe if he avoided opponets as well as he avoided the gatorade cooler well then maybe he wouldn't of gotten his foot stepped on or whatever happened to him. Cant break your foot if your too busy breaking your neck to help your team win. Its literally impossible to injure anything below the hip if your too busy laying for a pass.

But then mysterously he appeared to be just fine after the game, when cameras spotted him jumping a round like hes at a Body Count concert. So Dez Bryants not healthy enough to play but hes healthy enough to do a celebration dance huh? Shocker. The fact is that Dallas are 1-0 without him this year, so the Cowboys should consider moving him permanently from wide out- to left out.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
The fact is that Dallas are 1-0 without him

:lol. Well that's a great body of evidence.

I'm of the opinion that the Cowboys will be fine without him, but not for the reasons this poor speller thinks.
Do agents call QB's and whine over play calls, and when was the last time Dez's off-field antics caused any trouble, (I really don't know)?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're required to remind you that these strong takes are SATIRE. Sorry, not sorry. All spelling errors are intentional, we think. -- The editor.

Wellcome to the Monday Morning BM, just a word of warning your probably not prepared to handle the strong football takes and barrelfire NFL truths that you never knew your Mondays were missing. This column is written for and by a REAL fan of the NFL. Its designed to be read on your Monday Morning commode break after a long Sunday eating bad-for-you food and drinking beers. If you care more about SPELLING then you do about TELLING theres the door because this columns not for you.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
As far as I know PFTCommenter has never been serious in his life.
But people keep taking him seriously which is the fun part.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is parody, right? Satire? Has to be.

By every measure, the team is better WITH Dez. Many have made the case here, how defenses have to rotate coverage to him and account for him on every play.

The PROBLEM is and always has been, the mindless imbecile dolt Dallas offensive braintrust makes this all too easy for the opponent to accomplish! They don't motion Dez or line him up in different places, they just let him trot out there wide and I suppose, hope we'll get something out of double coverage or rotating coverage, or catch them singling up on him here and there.

MY argument is and has been, that without Dez we can possibly take advantage of this. Defenses now have not a whole hell of a lot of book on our offense now, all the spreadsheets and scouting goes right out the window without Dez out there. The resources committed to taking him away - where do you now deploy those? You better guess right.

I never said the team is better without Dez or that losing Dez is a automatic advantage. It COULD be MADE a advantage, if the Cowboys staff has half a brain. We can turn it into a advantage. Make lemonade out of lemons so to speak.

If course, I do understand this will require some creativity and imagination on Dallas' part.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Two misspellings in the first f'ing paragraph. Stop reading at that point.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Lol

People take the Internet too seriously. PFTCommenter is satire and generally a goof. All part of the routine

Reaction score
I mean the Monday Morning Bowel Movement should be your first clue it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Reaction score
Reminds me, did anyone else hear Collinsworth claiming that Linehan stays ahead of Romo so Romo can change the plays and move players around and quick move to the next snap without Linehan's input. ???? "Stays ahead of Romo?" Linehan isn't even involved when the offense gets going that fast. It's all Romo's reads and judgment. Collinsworth awkwardly tried to make sense of how Romo has an offensive coordinator who really isn't doing anything during those parts of the game. Romo really hasn't been game-coached in years, probably since Parcells.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I mean the Monday Morning Bowel Movement should be your first clue it's not meant to be taken seriously.

:wtf

Never been to that site. Thought you were joking for a moment.

MMBMLogo.0.jpg

:lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Reminds me, did anyone else hear Collinsworth claiming that Linehan stays ahead of Romo
Collinsworth has always been full of crap. It's one reason why i trouble myself to have the Cowboys radio on when i watch the games. Can't stand the slack-jawed, wombat-faced, mealy-mouthed twerp.

Reaction score
Linehan stays ahead of Romo?

What does that mean?

Also I like Collinsworth as an announcer.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Yep way too seriously.

This is like criticizing an Onion article. The poor spelling and writing is part of the gimmick.

I'm on my phone so I can't find it now but his video where he passes an NFL conditioning test after drinking an MD 20/20 is pretty funny stuff

Reaction score
Linehan stays ahead of Romo?

What does that mean?

Also I like Collinsworth as an announcer.

I went back and it was "at key moments of games for Romo to do it himself. He suggests plays...". Collinsworth seemed like he was trying to give credit to Linehan but essentially he was saying that Linehan is about as correlative with success as Tom Moore was with Peyton Manning.

Top Bottom