Reaction score
No clue who this guy is but he tweeted this.

@murphsturph: Can confirm former Boise State and Detroit QB Kellen Moore is headed to Dallas.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Another of those heady, super productive college Qbs with average/above average NFL talent.

Probably already has received a lot of Romo comparisons.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Another of those heady, super productive college Qbs with average/above average NFL talent.

Probably already has received a lot of Romo comparisons.

Is he better than Weedon? That is all what we really need to know. Granted that is setting the bar low, but it's what we are dealing with.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Unlike Weeden, Moore has never had to change his delivery. Moore's always had the prototypical 3/4 arm delivery.

Doesn't have Weeden's arm. But then again, Weeden negates his arm strength by being too cautious.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hate him already

I bet he can barely see over my knees at 6 '

should have went with Davis

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Is he better than Weedon? That is all what we really need to know. Granted that is setting the bar low, but it's what we are dealing with.

He's not an almost 32 year-old-guy who's going to make the mistakes a first or second year player would make. Pretty damn good head start.

He's also not a guy who's going to be able to win you a game single-handedly. While Weeden on his best day might be able to hang enough points on the board to win a shootout, Moore probably wouldn't. On the flipside, Weeden on his worst day will probably cost you the fucking game without the opponents offense doing anything to speak of. Moore on his worst day may not get you a lot in terms of points but he's not a guy who's going to spot the other team 2 or 3 TDs.

Perhaps the biggest upside over Weeden is the fact that he's not a fucking soulless day walker.

Smaller guy with inadequate arm strength to be a true quality starter in the NFL, but smart and able to handle the situation. Accurate and can read defenses.

Is he better than Weeden? Probably yes and no. If each had to fill in for 8 games it's really not going to matter, but if you need a guy who can step in for a week or two and won't completely fuck your chances of winning or puss out and throw short passes all day then I would say he is better than Weeden.

Not that it matters cause he's going to the PS.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate him already

I bet he can barely see over my knees at 6 '

should have went with Davis

Davis was cut and signed with Cleavland. We could have had him on the cheap and I thought the guy showed enough to be a dependable back-up at least. Our efforts to outsmart other NFL teams and land that diamond in rough continue.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hell no Moore isn't as good as Weeden. I'm surprised we even picked him up. Guy never looked like a pro QB to me even in college.

I would have taken Davis, though. He seemed to have a least a little something.

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will have two quarterbacks on their practice squad with Kellen Moore joining the team to be reunited with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Moore spent the first two years of his career (2012-13) with Linehan and the Detroit Lions. He was among the Lions' final cuts over the weekend and chose to join the Cowboys’ practice squad. The Cowboys also signed Jameill Showers to the practice squad, but he can also plays some special-teams positions.

Reaction score
Moore served as the Lions’ No. 3 quarterback in his first three seasons but has yet to play in a regular-season game. In the preseason, he completed 29 of 47 passes for 254 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Against the Buffalo Bills last week, he completed 16 of 22 passes for 150 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown pass.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hell no Moore isn't as good as Weeden. I'm surprised we even picked him up. Guy never looked like a pro QB to me even in college.

I would have taken Davis, though. He seemed to have a least a little something.

Davis would have had to go on the active roster.

Moore is just an odd choice for PS QB until you realize Linehan knows the player. Plus his noodle arm probably reminds Garrett of himself.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moore is just an odd choice for PS QB until you realize Linehan knows the player. Plus his noodle arm probably reminds Garrett of himself.

Yep.....it's the underdog syndrome. And if you ever watch the video of the Garretts on the Cowboy's web site, they talk about how Jason Garrett got a tryout with the team....because his father called Norv and asked him to work out his son. Nepotism from top to bottom.

Now I'm even more pissed than I was before.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, according to Wade (and even Garrett), Weeden was one of the most improved players on the team this year. I feel fortunate we have these geniuses and premier talent evaluators coaching this team.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Garrett plugged Brad Johnson when he was OC. They went through all of camp and didn't see the noodle arm until he was asked to fill in during the season and it was readily apparent to even the most layman football fan that Johnson was washed up. It was apparent to everyone except every single coach and talent evaluator (GM, Asst. GM, college and pro evaluators, etc.).

I hope I live long enough to see the day when we get a real coach and coaching staff back on the sidelines.

Top Bottom