Reaction score
Good thing we kept Claiborne and Carr. Haha. Hope Byron, Patmon, and Ross pan out. Corey White is still a CB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Better pass rush (or rather, existence of one) makes up for this a little bit? Tough break, really bites ass.

Reaction score
Sucks for the player, but it's at a position were deep at, at least.

Good thing we got Byron and White this offseason.

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick possesses the uncanny knack of being chippy, intense, funny, angry and cool all at the same time. And that knack is a big part of the Cowboys defensive personality.

And now that on-field personality may be shelved for a time after Scandrick was carted off the field while reportedly telling the team’s medical staff that he felt he’d suffered a right knee ACL tear.

The Cowboys have depth at the position, with Brandon Carr available as the other cornerback starter and players like rookie Byron Jones, a healthy Mo Claiborne and backups Tyler Patmon and Corey White on the roster. But that is a concern for another moment. In this moment, while Scandrick headed off for an MRI, his secondary mates collected on the field for a group prayer.

In Scandrick, the Cowboys have a spirited character, a gifted slot corner and a starter who last year was arguably the team’s best defensive player. Last season for the Cowboys, Scandrick — despite his smallish frame — totaled 55 tackles, a sack and two interceptions. In this offseason, he earned a contract extension as a result of his quality play over the course of seven seasons with the Cowboys. … and now his eighth season seems in doubt.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Never liked this player. He's unfortunately been propped up by playing with shitty players around him, much like Doug Free was.

Kinda solid, but if you have a pass rush, the defense will be just fine without this guy.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Never liked this player. He's unfortunately been propped up by playing with shitty players around him, much like Doug Free was.

Kinda solid, but if you have a pass rush, the defense will be just fine without this guy.

I agree. I do like his scrappiness. Mike Jenkins was the more talented CB, but Scandrick played with more heart. Not going to pretend like this doesn't hurt, but at the same time, you're not going to catch me out on the ledge; as it's been mentioned, we have decent depth at the position.

If this had happened last year, it would have been catastrophic.

I think Showers may make it to the 53 as a result. There have been a couple of CBs that have been playing well, but because of a numbers game they'll be on the PS, likely.

Reaction score
You two underestimate how good he has been for us. Especially considering the lack of pass rush.

Reaction score
He's been the best CB on this team by a mile for the past 3-4 seasons. Slot guys are probably gonna tear us up this year if he's not out there.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Agree. Not that I don't like him, and he's a nice player, but he's not *that* good. Not "change-your-year" good.

Also agree he looks better than he is because of Carr being average and Claiborne being shit.

Reaction score
Todd Archer said:
But he's not Scandrick. The Cowboys don't have another Scandrick.

One injury will not alter the course of the Cowboys' season, unless we're talking Tony Romo, but losing Scandrick is almost like the defensive equivalent of losing Romo offensively.

He does more than just about anybody knows.

Ok now this is a bit much...

He's not THAT good.

Reaction score
He's been the best CB on this team by a mile for the past 3-4 seasons. Slot guys are probably gonna tear us up this year if he's not out there.

People are already suggesting Patmon is a mini-Scandrick and ready for the job.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:lol That's beyond ridiculous, Archer. If we lose Tony, season's immediately over. If Jones can play, we may barely notice this.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You two underestimate how good he has been for us. Especially considering the lack of pass rush.

Uh not at all. Why do you think I said that had this occurred last year, it would have been catastrophic? 1.) Because of the lack of a pass rush, and 2.) because the lack of depth at the CB position.

Now if we had better players at safety... I wouldn't even bat an eye at this.

Top Bottom