Reaction score
Garrett is running a soft camp. Players know any ailment gets them time off as the coach and Jerry want to "ease them back into it."

Let's face it, last year was an an anomaly. Only injury was to Claiborne and that was addition by subtraction.

Don't be surprised when our depth is routinely getting tested this year because were letting guys like McClain and Claiborne and our entire RB corps just coast through camp and set their own schedule.

We set up a intra-squad practice with the Rams and were holding like 11 people out with phantom
Injuries.

Give me a fucking break.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey asshat, all coaches run soft camps now. The NFLPA wanted it that way and the loser Goodell supported it.

Reaction score
Camp cupcake continues....

@DMN_George: Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne also didn't practice today. He said no setback or any concern. Same as with Sean Lee, just managing his work.

Reaction score
I haven’t heard a single person call this camp cupcake other than the dumbasses on this forum.

Zack Martin said on Thursday when asked about all the injuries “When you have a physical camp, there is going to be bumps and bruises.”

BTW, try watching the games.

Reaction score
Let me clarify.... because I can definitely see where the confusion lies. I'm not suggesting they're not being physical. I'm saying every little bump and bruise gets babied. I think some of the players know this and milk it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't even think it's the players so much as management encouraging it. I think they've said if you feel anything, let us know and we'll get you out. Now after that is known, do players start taking advantage of it? I don't know, maybe so.

I mean, Randle takes himself out for an oblique. Have you ever heard of a football player missing time because of an oblique? I haven't. That's a baseball injury. Would a Parcells camp have this many players out for things like that? No way.

And hey, maybe it'll work. Maybe this really is the new way and everyone will start doing it. It isn't the way a lot of the best coaches have done it, that's for sure. But maybe we are so good we don't need any more than a little work.

Reaction score
I can buy that.

I mean, I don't know. Something seems awfully fishy. Basically anyone who is anyone on this team has missed significant portions of camp. Dez, Randle, Romo, McFadden, Tyron, Carr, Claiborne, Beasley, McClain, Lee, Scandrick, Martin, etc.

Kinda feels like this team feels like they're that good, and if they can just get to the regular season they'll be as good as they were last year. I think it's a concern, especially knowing how this team has a history of entitlement and how they typically don't handle success well.

Reaction score
Garrett is running a soft camp. Players know any ailment gets them time off as the coach and Jerry want to "ease them back into it."

Let's face it, last year was an an anomaly. Only injury was to Claiborne and that was addition by subtraction.

Don't be surprised when our depth is routinely getting tested this year because were letting guys like McClain and Claiborne and our entire RB corps just coast through camp and set their own schedule.

We set up a intra-squad practice with the Rams and were holding like 11 people out with phantom
Injuries.

Give me a fucking break.

Looks like I fucking nailed it.

Witten, Romo, Dez, & McClain.... four guys who basically did nothing all camp, all injured after two games when the real action starts.

Not a coincidence.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Glad you bumped it because I was thinking about doing it myself.

Sure, Romo's was bad luck, but overall I doubt this was a coincidence.

Reaction score
Too bad your premise was wrong. Dez Bryants broken foot and Romo’s shoulder getting driven into the ground had nothing to do with a “soft camp”. Witten did nothing all camp? What the fuck are you talking about? And no, i am not coming at you bro.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There's no way to know for sure, but of course the foot could be due to not doing much. Dez probably had as much time off as anyone.

Again, do people think training camp is just some big time waste? The whole purpose of it is to get your body in shape. I remember Bob Lilly in an interview talking about how the team surgeon said he'd actually see a difference in the players' bones when he had to do a procedure early in camp vs later in the year -- they actually had thicker bones later on as the body adapted to the stress of hitting and playing.

Reaction score
Too bad your premise was wrong. Dez Bryants broken foot and Romo’s shoulder getting driven into the ground had nothing to do with a “soft camp”. Witten did nothing all camp? What the fuck are you talking about? And no, i am not coming at you bro.

My premise was not wrong. We ran a soft camp and held a lot of players out. We babied a lot of players who milked a lot of injuries.

I knew the injury bug would hit this year. The team had this foolish notion that the only thing that would prevent us from winning the Super Bowl was injuries. As such they bubblewrapped certain guys and failed to get the team adequately prepared for the season.

After two weeks, Romo, Dez, Gregory, McClain, Church, and Witten are all injured.

Call it a coincidence if you want. It's not though.

Reaction score
My premise was not wrong. We ran a soft camp and held a lot of players out. We babied a lot of players who milked a lot of injuries.

I knew the injury bug would hit this year. The team had this foolish notion that the only thing that would prevent us from winning the Super Bowl was injuries. As such they bubblewrapped certain guys and failed to get the team adequately prepared for the season.

After two weeks, Romo, Dez, Gregory, McClain, Church, and Witten are all injured.

Call it a coincidence if you want. It's not though.

Gregory wasn’t babied. Guy played every snap in camp and most of preseason. The other injuries were flukes. It’s tackle football. Guys get injured, especially in physical divisional games. Here is a great prediction...more Cowboy players will get injured this season. :/

Reaction score
It's like Rocky III when Mr. T beats his soft ass all over the place.

But on the bright side, rocky's head coach dies...

Reaction score
There's no way to know for sure, but of course the foot could be due to not doing much. Dez probably had as much time off as anyone.

Again, do people think training camp is just some big time waste? The whole purpose of it is to get your body in shape. I remember Bob Lilly in an interview talking about how the team surgeon said he'd actually see a difference in the players' bones when he had to do a procedure early in camp vs later in the year -- they actually had thicker bones later on as the body adapted to the stress of hitting and playing.

Dez was tackled by another player. If he pulled a muscle or guys were getting all these soft tissue injuries, you could have a point. Romo got his fucking shoulder driving into the ground. How the hell does that have anything to do with a soft training camp? Witten had a soft camp? Give me a fucking break. The entire team could be coasting, Jason Witten is going full throttle.

You could say Sean Lee was babied and everyone can’t stop raving how about great he is playing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's like Rocky III when Mr. T beats his soft ass all over the place.

But on the bright side, rocky's head coach dies...

Rocky wasn’t soft. He was too slow. They had to work on his speed. He also fought with a heavy heart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom