Reaction score
Clarence Hill
✔@clarencehilljr

Joseph Randle with the quote of the day saying the 1845-yard DeMarco Murray left "a lot of meat on the bone" in the running game last year

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe this idiot thinks he sounds smart but he's a fucking idiot. Not that I don't agree with him, but he should just keep his mouth shut. Fucking scrub.....

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's telling the truth.

EXACTLY.

People come on. We've all said it, that Murray lacked a second gear, and he does, and he always seemed to get winded. He'd break a big gain, and not finish because he'd get winded and get taken from behind, or in the game against the Packers, he fumbled.

Imagine what a FASTER RB getting to the second level like Murray, could do.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Makes you wonder though... had the Cowboys intended to keep Murray in their plans beyond last season, would they have ran him into the ground like they did, especially with his injury history?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't see anyone disputing what he said.

Whether he should have said it or not is what's in question. Because now he is implying he won't be leaving meat on the bone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Makes you wonder though... had the Cowboys intended to keep Murray in their plans beyond last season, would they have ran him into the ground like they did, especially with his injury history?
Back when it was going on I was saying they were riding that rented mule until it collapsed and if it didn't, rent a fresh one next year. Contract season.

Reaction score
Guy led the league in rushing but he left alot of yards on the field. you idiots

And it ain't a track meat that's on the bone. Randle's 4.63/40 makes him the only player at the skill positions on offense that Barry Church can beat in a race. Murray runs a 4.41. Meat on the bone indeed.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on Joseph Randle. He's a stupid asshole. I'd pay good money to watch him and Morris Claiborne figure out how to use a microwave.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Of course Murray left "meat on the bone." All RB's do. Does anyone believe there has been a Tuesday morning meeting in which they are going over each play and the offensive coaches all agree that, "Gosh, no room for improvement here!."

LOL, and Klepto Joe sits there and interprets that as being an indictment against Murray's entire season production and contribution to the Cowboy's success. Brilliant. There's nothing like a backup RB handing out locker room material to a division rival.

It's bold talk when you consider that Randle is already 5th place in career rushing yards for the 21st century among RB's with a BMI (Body Mass Index) in the 27's. Reggie Bush and Felix Jones 1st and 2nd respectively. He's not exactly built for durability or reliability himself, I wonder how many times he tries to pile drive a 250 pound MLB for a few more inches next season. Something tells me his survival instincts are going to show up real early in the season.

If Murray was eluding tacklers and big hits by finding the sidelines or a soft place to fall, then he's no different than any other RB that survives past his rookie contract, especially for a 3rd round pick. DeMarco Murray, by the way, now ranks 2nd place in history for yards from scrimmage per season by a RB 3rd round draft pick....among 145.

If I may remind you, the O-line he had last season were freshmen and sophomores when he ran for over 700 yards in his first 7 starts his rookie season. It was a far different level of talent when he started his 2nd year behind a line featuring 5 players that had never before played their position as a Cowboy. Murray was grabbing meat somewhere there was no bone to be had.

Besides his productivity, Murray's traits also included leadership, poise, and intelligence. That's three strikes against someone that can't even evade store security. Klepto Joe left a lot of undies on the racks.

Top Bottom