dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think we will pick some players. Some of them may be offensive players. Some of them may be defensive players.

There will be a mixture of players from various college football teams.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope not on Eddie Goldman, although Matt Miller said he's is hearing we would take him.

It's hard for me to pick. I still don't trust Jerry and 26 picks is a long time to wait around patiently.

I have this bad feeling we trade up and in typical Jerry fashion, we overpay. The good news, or at least the hope is, the guy we trade up for (Gurley? Dupree?) will be good.

A week ago I would have guessed Kevin Johnson is the pick but now seeing he could go way higher. I could also see us taking Damarious Randall, who has blown up big time the last month, but that could very well be wishful thinking.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gurley and Dupree are two of the guys I would be ok with us moving up some for. Might consider a Dez type move up for Gordon too.

I doubt they can move up more than a handful of spots for anyone, but depending on how bad some of those teams want to move down (apparently a lot of teams want to move down) it could be a discount to move up again.

Seems almost a consensus now among most of these draft guys that Randall is going late first or very early second.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think we will pick some players. Some of them may be offensive players. Some of them may be defensive players.

There will be a mixture of players from various college football teams.
I concur.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Post in CZ says today on The Ticket they were saying a trade up for Gordon may already be in place.

Also was seeing Archer talking about Kendricks again and he picked him in the ESPN mock draft for us.

Am thinking it was Archer who had nailed so many of our 1st rd picks on draft day or the day before numerous times.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guess the rumored deal (don't know where they got it from) is our 1st and 3rd this yr and 4th next yr to move up into Miami's spot (14th) if Gordon is still there. Am assuming they believe San Diego would jump all over Gordon (or Gurley) just a few spots later.

I really don't care about giving away a middle rd pick next yr. We're almost assuredly getting 3 or 4 comp picks for 2016.

Giving up the 3rd this yr could be offset if they moved down from their 2nd rd pick. Right now we have 3 of the top 91 picks. They could move down from 60 and still potentially have 3 of the top 100-110.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If Gurley and Gordon are on the board will they still take Gordon? I'd personally much rather have Gurley

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Guess the rumored deal (don't know where they got it from) is our 1st and 3rd this yr and 4th next yr to move up into Miami's spot (14th) if Gordon is still there.

I would be pissed if we do this.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
But, regardless, we get to watch the warroom cam and that's always good for some laughs.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yeah, that would absolutely suck. That's kind of been my nightmare all along, that Gurley and Gordon are higher on most boards than we think (or thought weeks ago) and we panic-trade up for Gordon. Or that things break wrong and we end up with the fourth or fifth best back, who may not even be any good.

Also... I think it would take more than that to go from 27 to 14. Maybe a lot more.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
that Gurley and Gordon are higher on most boards than we think (or thought weeks ago) and we panic-trade up for Gordon

that's how the sheep always justify bad trades. "We have it on good authority that Arizona was gonna take him if we didn't move up!!!" so call their bluff and let them take him. he's not a must have.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Frankly I'll be surprised if they take a RB early no matter who is available. First off, I don't believe running the ball will be a priority for them next season, and second they likely believe almost anyone can run behind their "elite" offensive line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that would absolutely suck. That's kind of been my nightmare all along, that Gurley and Gordon are higher on most boards than we think (or thought weeks ago) and we panic-trade up for Gordon. Or that things break wrong and we end up with the fourth or fifth best back, who may not even be any good.

Also... I think it would take more than that to go from 27 to 14. Maybe a lot more.

Brugler is saying both Gurley and Gordon come off the board in the top 20, am posting his info in draft thread.

Seems pretty likely to me. All the local talk here is Gurley is gonna get pick in the top-10 now. Gordon wont go long after that if Gurley goes that early. Supposedly a lot of teams thing there's a big drop off from Gurley and Gordon to the next group of RB's

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Frankly I'll be surprised if they take a RB early no matter who is available. First off, I don't believe running the ball will be a priority for them next season, and second they likely believe almost anyone can run behind their "elite" offensive line.

If either of those things were true, why did they spend all the time scouting, working out and visiting with the top RB prospects?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
that's how the sheep always justify bad trades. "We have it on good authority that Arizona was gonna take him if we didn't move up!!!" so call their bluff and let them take him. he's not a must have.

Or the turds of the internet forum world can complain when we don't move up for a player we don't like, and someone behind us trades up in front and snatches said player. (Max Unger)..."Dallas didn't get aggressive and we had to "settle"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Of course you would. You and some of your brethren will be pissed no matter what they do.

We could have the first 5 picks of the draft and you'd complain.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Remember when it seemed like for years every time the guy we took was a guy the Patriots loved and were just about to take? :lol

Supposedly a lot of teams thing there's a big drop off from Gurley and Gordon to the next group of RB's
As do I, though to be honest I haven't watched that much of Gordon.

I do like the Indiana guy, though. And Cobb, though he's not as much of a big play back as those others.

Top Bottom