Administrator
Reaction score
on Jim Rome show...

LOL

[video=youtube;-ie2eclbcWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ie2eclbcWQ[/video]

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he falls to 27 and Gurley and the defensive impact players are all gone? Sure, lets go get him.

Reaction score
Thats interesting. But not sure I want to pull the trigger on the guy at 27, tbh. Such a deep class for RBs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats interesting. But not sure I want to pull the trigger on the guy at 27, tbh. Such a deep class for RBs.

He may not be there at 27 for us to consider.

McShay updated his mock and he had Gurley going top-10 now. Several of the locals here have been saying it seems Gurley may be a lock for top-10/12 picks now. If Gurley goes that early, there's still several other teams that potentially want a RB between then and where we pick.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lots of talk that Gurley and Gordon both gone by 20.

Hope Jerry doesn't do something stupid.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
ESPN had a "inside" special on the combine aired yesterday. Behind the scenes this Gordon really comes across more like Emmitt Smith than anyone I've seen. Humble, unassuming and just a lunchpail kind of guy.

People talk about his great offensive line being the main reason his YPC average is so high. But then again, most everyone says the same thing about Emmitt's success. Problem was, no other back ever seemed to be able to run behind that great line Emmitt had, when he was out. And Gordon's production is consistent throughout his playing years, from pee-wee through high school and three seasons in college. Great offensive lines the whole time? Or just a great running back.

By the way also on this insider show, they showed Gurley's knee with this massive scar right down the center of it, from just above the kneecap to right below the knee itself. Scary looking.

If both are available at 27, I take Gordon hands down.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

I feel the same. Gurley and probably Peterson are the only two RBs I'd use #27 on.

I don't hate Gordon, I just don't see that much of a difference in him from that second teir with Coleman, Johnson, Ajayi, etc. that we could have at #60. Better value in my mind.

Reaction score
Lots of talk that Gurley and Gordon both gone by 20.

Hope Jerry doesn't do something stupid.

If the Cowboys are sold on Gordon, they would probably have to jump in front of the Ravens. They had to do that to get Dez a few years back.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN had a "inside" special on the combine aired yesterday. Behind the scenes this Gordon really comes across more like Emmitt Smith than anyone I've seen. Humble, unassuming and just a lunchpail kind of guy.

People talk about his great offensive line being the main reason his YPC average is so high. But then again, most everyone says the same thing about Emmitt's success. Problem was, no other back ever seemed to be able to run behind that great line Emmitt had, when he was out. And Gordon's production is consistent throughout his playing years, from pee-wee through high school and three seasons in college. Great offensive lines the whole time? Or just a great running back.

By the way also on this insider show, they showed Gurley's knee with this massive scar right down the center of it, from just above the kneecap to right below the knee itself. Scary looking.

If both are available at 27, I take Gordon hands down.

You and nobody else Dooms, except maybe the Gordon family

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You and nobody else Dooms, except maybe the Gordon family
Apparently not nobody else, most all draft boards ratings we see out there have Gordon ahead of Gurley for RB. Sure it's merely because of the injury, but it is what it is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently not nobody else, most all draft boards ratings we see out there have Gordon ahead of Gurley for RB. Sure it's merely because of the injury, but it is what it is.

Seems like almost everyone has changed that too after Gurley's re-check

Top Bottom