Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is this with the players still on the team, or when they go elsewhere and flourish?

This counts only the last 231 picks? Does that put the 90s picks in the mix? If so, not Jerry's doing.

Reaction score
Is this with the players still on the team, or when they go elsewhere and flourish?

This counts only the last 231 picks? Does that put the 90s picks in the mix? If so, not Jerry's doing.

I think its the last 10 years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus if this counts players who made the pro bowl for teams other than Dallas, how valid is it?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What does it matter?
Would just like to see the percentage of picks who didn't do shit in Dallas, then after signing to another team suddenly they're in the pro bowl. Would also like to see how many of them have SB rings from their new teams while we languish in 20 years of mediocrity - because we didn't get shit out of these good draft picks.

Reaction score
I'm with Bob, its irrelevant. Also, what Cowboys never made a Pro Bowl then did with another team.in the last decade? I can't think of any off the top of my head

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Would just like to see the percentage of picks who didn't do shit in Dallas, then after signing to another team suddenly they're in the pro bowl. Would also like to see how many of them have SB rings from their new teams while we languish in 20 years of mediocrity - because we didn't get shit out of these good draft picks.

Doesn't exactly mean that the coaching is better. Some times it takes time for players to round into form. Sometimes beyond their rookie contracts.

Being able to spot talent is what counts. I mean that's the name of the game right? Noone can be 100% prescient all the time.

Reaction score
Seems like when Cowboys are good they have an advantage in Pro Bowl voting over equal/better players on other teams because they play for the Cowboys and are more visible. What did we have like 13 pro bowlers when we went 13-3 a few years back?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, what Cowboys never made a Pro Bowl then did with another team.in the last decade?
Martellus Bennett right off the top of my head. There's many others.

Dallas wastes time with pissants like Bennett, saying they are "waiting for the light to come on" and it never does, until they leave.

He was round 2, pick 61 in the 2008 draft.

Reaction score
All this proves is how meaningless the Pro Bowl is.

Does nothing to validate Jerry as a General Manager. I mean, seriously... the guy wanted Manzel last year. Said drafting Martin gets you 8-8. The guy said he'd fire himself. The guy has made some of the worst trades and worst decisions and has been the single constant over our mediocracy the past two decades.

Also, see my sig.

Jerry sucks as a General Manager. That'll never change. He's like Garrett.... the less power he has (as he's being held back by Stephen and McClay), the better off the team is.

Reaction score
Martellus Bennett right off the top of my head. There's many others.

Dallas wastes time with pissants like Bennett, saying they are "waiting for the light to come on" and it never does, until they leave.

He was round 2, pick 61 in the 2008 draft.

There is one. Any others?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All this proves is how meaningless the Pro Bowl is.

Does nothing to validate Jerry as a General Manager. I mean, seriously... the guy wanted Manzel last year. Said drafting Martin gets you 8-8. The guy said he'd fire himself. The guy has made some of the worst trades and worst decisions and has been the single constant over our mediocracy the past two decades.

Also, see my sig.

Jerry sucks as a General Manager. That'll never change. He's like Garrett.... the less power he has (as he's being held back by Stephen and McClay), the better off the team is.
End of thread. :biggrin

By the way I checked it here, and the chart in the OP is counting ALL draft picks which happened since Jerruh bought the team, all time going all the way back to the 1989 draft. (233 picks actually)

So with Jimmy calling the shots pretty much to start off and for several years, it's not surprising Jerruh wins this little stat contest.
There is one. Any others?
Yeah. You can check them all out There is one. Any others?[/quote]"]here, (First 34 guys listed) Ron Stone is among them - didn't do shit in Dallas but made three pro bowls and two all-pro teams with the Giants. There's more examples, just research them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Interesting how much smaller the list gets and the percentage tanks, once Jimmy was out of the picture.

Link

It's only 20 pro bowlers, out of 161 picks sans Jimmy for a putrid 12.4 % That's averaging one pro bowler drafted, per year since the 1995 draft.

Meanwhile it was 14 of them, in the mere six years Jimmy called the shots. He was 19.4 percent pro bowlers.

Link

So, even without Jimmy's picks Jerruh is still #3 on this list. But Jimmy far and away kicks all their asses.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was under the impression this graphic only represents the lady decade.
Why? It clearly says it's counting the last 231 picks. That takes us all the way back to Jerruh's first draft in 1989. I come up with 233, because I counted the supplemental picks as well.

If we count only the last 10 years, it's only 13 pro bowlers out of 161 drafted, for a percentage of merely 8.07 percent.

So clearly, Stephen's influence deserves zero credit. The last decade brought the average way down.

Reaction score
All I see are Stone, Barry Minter, and Jimmy Smith as guys from that period who made pro bowls post Dallas.

Top Bottom