cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: #Cowboys have agreed to contract with MLB Rolando McLain on deal worth $3M base and another $1M in play-time incentives. #Pats also offered

Reaction score
For a while there it was looking as if the Cowboys weren't particularly interested in signing McClain again.

Reaction score
Are we Superbowl favorites now? For serious.

I was just wondering this while taking a poop.

We are loaded. Not perfect. No team is. We have holes in the secondary and question marks at RB.... But talent wise we're loaded.

My only concern is coaching. We have major shortcomings there. And it'll likely cost us in the post season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The intensity of Hardy and McClain should help the defense. Hopefully, Hardy (suspension) and McClain (random injuries) will be on the field enough to make a difference. I also think a healthy Sean Lee has a chance to be a huge impact player at WILL. He has a knack for clutch plays and that was with the blocking schemes focusing on him (50 is the MIKE). The team seems to be abiding by their "We don't value the 1-Tech" philosophy and will throw a combination of Hayden, Brent, and Terrell McClain out there. Maybe we get lucky and Malcom Brown falls to 27. Otherwise, I think Midswat is right and we're going CB at 27, with Brandon Carr (and his refusal to take a pay cut) getting axed June 1st. RB is a possibility but I still think the team is holding hope that Minnesota will cave and Peterson will come into play.

I would look into the availability of Will Sutton with Chicago. He was drafted after Marinelli left but he was drafted to fit into Marinelli's scheme. The Bears are shifting to a 3-4 and Will is a pure 3-Tech (6-1, 300 lbs). He would make a nice rotation guy behind Tyrone Crawford with both playing on passing downs (two 2-Tech's). Maybe something like our 3rd and Kyle Wilber for Will Sutton and a 5th. Wilber is more of a fit for a 3-4 and with McClain, Lee, Hitchins, Keith Rivers, Jasper Brinkley, and Andrew Gachkar here, Wilber won't have much of a chance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are we Superbowl favorites now? For serious.

I wouldnt say that yet. I'd say we're definitely a solid contender, but more still needs to be done.

I will say IF (huge if at that) Lee, McClain and Hardy could all be on the field most of the season, odds are we're going to be significantly improved defensively. The offense should be really good again assumign we fill the RB spot decently. I think its pretty obvious that a better defense last season paired with what we had offensively probably would have gotten us into the Super Bowl

Reaction score
I've about talked myself into believing that it is good for the Cowboys that McClain will unavailable for the first several games of the season. Better for McClain to be fresher ... less banged up ... during the homestretch and (one hopes) playoffs. He didn't exactly finish strong last year.

Reaction score
McClain isn't suspended for the first 4 games, just getting fined 4 game checks... right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll hate the signing if Eric Kendrick's is available at 27 and we pass on him for a corner like PJ Williams.

Guess it would depend on the difference in grade. If grades were close they'd probably lean toward the position of more need (which is CB). But if Kendricks were there and was rated vastly ahead of others, I think they'd still take him. They cant count on McClain or Lee to play all 16 games.

Reaction score
Grades schmades.... I don't trust this teams ability to judge/scout secondary players. History shows we don't know what were doing there.

Top Bottom