Reaction score
Per Fisher & Broaddus.

Thoughts?

It seems the position we were very deep at got decimated this offseason.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't care. Dude was a wack job anyway.

I do think we're losing a lot of pieces to a team that surprised everyone last year. They probably wouldn't have done what they did last year anyway, but still, that group had something going and it's going to be very different next year.

Reaction score
I don't care because he was an unreliable head case.

But he did bring an edge to our defense and he made plays when on the field. So the loss will be felt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Per Fisher & Broaddus.

Thoughts?

It seems the position we were very deep at got decimated this offseason.

Was hoping we'd keep him but only if price was right. He obviously has a lot of issues and this arson thing with the house is hanging out there.

As far as being very deep at the position and getting decimated, don't know that I really agree. McClain played well most of the time but he was hurt/dinged a lot. Durant played well but missed most of last yr and has missed half his games in the two years he was here. Bruce Carter played well for us down the stretch last yr but prior to that was benched left and right due to inconsistent play and if not for other players injured, would have hardly saw the field himself.

We're getting Sean Lee back and if he is on the field, he is far better than any LB who played for us last year. Hitchens should improve on what was a very nice rookie year, and has flexibility to play any of the 3 LB spots. The two guys we signed this offseason are both players who have started games. We'll probably draft another LB fairly early next month.

I don't see this as a big deal.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I really soured on him due to all the injuries, and the four game fine means he still hasn't learned a thing. maybe Brinkley is a reasonable facsimile.

Reaction score
A lot of what you said is true dbair, but I don't know if we can even rely on Lee anymore. Both as far as staying healthy, and if he'll be the same player that he was before this injury. His body is breaking down.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I had the feeling that he would not be back after reading an article about him being unstable. The article said that the coaches had a lot of doubts and concerns. As it stands, Dallas doesn't have a starting line-up at the LB position. Letting Carter and Durwnt does not look like smart moves now. Dallas sure can't depend on Sean Lee to carry the load.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Was hoping we'd keep him but only if price was right. He obviously has a lot of issues and this arson thing with the house is hanging out there.

As far as being very deep at the position and getting decimated, don't know that I really agree. McClain played well most of the time but he was hurt/dinged a lot. Durant played well but missed most of last yr and has missed half his games in the two years he was here. Bruce Carter played well for us down the stretch last yr but prior to that was benched left and right due to inconsistent play and if not for other players injured, would have hardly saw the field himself.

We're getting Sean Lee back and if he is on the field, he is far better than any LB who played for us last year. Hitchens should improve on what was a very nice rookie year, and has flexibility to play any of the 3 LB spots. The two guys we signed this offseason are both players who have started games. We'll probably draft another LB fairly early next month.

I agree with most of this but I think not bringing back McClain hurts us a little bit. At least a little more than losing the other two (Durant, Carter) does.

Yea he was injury prone and had his off the field issues making him a guy we couldn't count on... But McClain gave an attitude to our defense that has been lacking for a long time. Hopefully the front office took notice and addresses that need early in the draft. Which, if you look at our recent history, when we're not drafting TEs in the second round we like going to LBers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of what you said is true dbair, but I don't know if we can even rely on Lee anymore. Both as far as staying healthy, and if he'll be the same player that he was before this injury. His body is breaking down.

I agree he shouldn't be "counted" on, that's why I said IF he's on the field.

I have no doubt he'll be superb if he is out there. But I do have doubts he'll stay healthy.

We might see two LB's drafted next month.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the feeling that he would not be back after reading an article about him being unstable. The article said that the coaches had a lot of doubts and concerns. As it stands, Dallas doesn't have a starting line-up at the LB position. Letting Carter and Durwnt does not look like smart moves now. Dallas sure can't depend on Sean Lee to carry the load.

Did you see what they got paid? That's pretty much the end of any discussion about whether they should have been retained here. Niether of them was worth anywhere near what they got. And as fyi, they tried to keep Durant.

Durant had as much trouble staying on the field as Lee does and Carter was benched multiple times the last 3 seasons. They wont be missed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Durant had as much trouble staying on the field as Lee does and Carter was benched multiple times the last 3 seasons. They wont be missed.

Nowwwwwww the version, where we would have kept them.

Durant is versatile and like Lee, is a leader on the field. Carter overcame being benched and was making plays all over the field at the end of the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nowwwwwww the version, where we would have kept them.

I was always on board keeping Durant and wouldn't have minded keeping Carter after the way he ended the season.

But not on board paying them what they got in Atlanta and Tampa. What was it between them, over 8 mils per year that they got?

But keep to your dull agenda. It apparently keeps you entertained.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Don't forget about Kyle Wilbur. I certainly would like to see him get more playing time.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Did you see what they got paid? That's pretty much the end of any discussion about whether they should have been retained here. Niether of them was worth anywhere near what they got. And as fyi, they tried to keep Durant.

Carter's five interceptions will be missed. He had finally caught on to playing this defense. I would have rather signed Carter than any two of the jags that they replaced him with. Those guys are not starter quality players.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

I agree. I think any snaps played from Lee is just a bonus. History shows that he is not going to play an entire season. He has the want-to, but reality shows that he won't make a difference.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
nCarter's five interceptions will be missed. He had finally caught on to playing this defense. I would have rather signed Carter than any two of the jags that they replaced him with. Those guys are not starter quality players.

Carter was not worth what the Bucs paid him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. I think any snaps played from Lee is just a bonus. History shows that he is not going to play an entire season. He has the want-to, but reality shows that he won't make a difference.

Not really sure I understand this comment. How can you say he doesn't make a difference? He's one of the best LB's in football and a huge playmaker too.

There' no disputing his injury history, but he's a major difference maker when he is on the field.

Top Bottom